It is officially soup season. Even though I eat soup year around, soup definitely hits different in the fall. This Vegan Creamy Carrot Tomato Soup with Cashews and Basil is going to be my new go to soup recipe.
If you love tomato soup you will love this recipe. The tomato flavor pairs so well with the carrots. This soup uses cashews for creaminess, and an added bonus is that cashews add healthy fats and some protein to this soup.
Let's get into the recipe.
This creamy carrot tomato soup is
- vegan and dairy free
- full of veggies and healthy fats
- easy to make
- super healthy for you
- made without coconut milk
What ingredients do I need for this carrot tomato soup?
- can whole peeled tomatoes
- vegetable broth
- maple syrup
- nutritional yeast
What can I substitute in this recipe?
- cashews can be subbed with 1 cup coconut milk, just make sure to omit 1 cup of broth if you do this
- basil can be subbed for any herb
- nutritional yeast could be subbed with miso or ½ tablespoon soy sauce
Other plant based soup recipes to try
If you make this Vegan Creamy Carrot Tomato Soup with Cashews and Basil, please leave me a rating and review on this blog post. This is the best way to support me!
Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!Print
Vegan Creamy Carrot Tomato Soup with Cashews and Basil
This delicious and vegan creamy carrot tomato soup with cashews will be your new favorite fall soup recipe
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 35 minutes
This makes 2-4 servings of soup
- 1 sweet yellow onion - finely diced
- 2 large carrots - roughly chopped (about 2 cups of carrot)
- 4 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 14 ounce can whole peeled tomatoes
- ~½ cup finely chopped basil
- 2 tsp grated ginger
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup cashews (if allergic to cashews sub out 1 cup of the vegetable broth for 1 cup coconut milk)
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp salt (add more to taste)
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- juice from ½ lemon
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional for flavor)
- Heat a generous coating of oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add onions to pot and cook for 8 minutes until transculent.
- Add garlic and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add all remaining ingredients to the pot. Cover and simmer for 20-25 more minutes or until everything is cooked through.
- Add soup to a blender and blend until smooth. If you have an immersion blender you can use that as well.
- Divide out soup and serve with your favorite toppings and sides.
This was so delicious !! And I’m
Not a vegan. My 14 year doesn’t eat meat, so she sent me this and we all loved it 🙂 yum yum yum! Everyone must make it ! I used fresh cherry tomatoes instead of the canned and just threw them in whole with rest of ingredients and simmered:) I also didn’t use the yeast.
Thank you for your kind review Carrie!
This soup was just the comfort dinner I needed on a rainy day. Amazing recipe:) I added a red bell pepper in mine in addition, highly recommend!
When I tell you this is the best soup I've ever had/made!!!!
I mean it!
Seriously delicious and easy. And it's great because I still could make it even though I don't have an oven!
Found on instagram:)
Also I made this the night before me and my friend went swimming in the sea, and then after when we got back to mine I heated it up and made mozzarella and pesto sandwiches<3 My friend kept saying how good the soup was for the rest of the day :))))
Thank you so much Amaryllis this review made my day!
This recipe is literally incredible. So packed with flavor and creamy (like you would never tell it's vegan) despite being super easy with pretty few ingredients and steps. The recipe was simple and straightforward, but came out delicious. It tasted like something from a very fancy restaurant haha. My family absolutely loved it; I've been cooking dinner every night for 2 weeks and they all agreed this was their favorite dish I've made so far -- and none of them are vegan!
Thanks so much Anya!!