High Protein Pumpkin Soup With Cottage Cheese - a delicious fall soup. Cottage cheese makes the soup creamy and full of protein. Even if you don't like cottage cheese you will love this recipe, you can not taste the cottage cheese because it is blended up. The cottage cheese adds a delicious creaminess, umami flavor and protein to this soup.
Why you'll love this recipe
It is easy to make and ready in 30 minutes or less.
It is vegetarian and gluten free.
Thanks to the cottage cheese this recipe is high in protein.
It is perfect the perfect healthy fall dinner and goes great with grilled cheese or toasted bread.
- onion - Onion is necessary for flavor.
- garlic - Garlic is a must for flavor.
- pumpkin - Pumpkin adds fiber and vitamins.
- vegetable broth - Vegetable broth is the base for the soup.
- thyme - Thyme adds herby flavor.
- rosemary - Rosemary adds herby flavor.
- cottage cheese - Cottage cheese adds protein and creaminess.
See the recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.
- thyme and rosemary - can be subbed with any dried herb that you like or even fresh.
- pumpkin - can be subbed with sweet potato.
- vegetable broth - you can use any broth here.
Cook onions and garlic.
Add all ingredients to pot and simmer.
Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
Serve and enjoy!
You can store the extra soup in a sealed container in your fridge for up to 3-4 days.
Use a good quality cottage cheese for the best tasting soup. I love Good Culture cottage cheese.
The longer you simmer the soup the more flavorful it will be but 10 minutes is sufficient.
Cottage cheese is full of protein and vitamins.
Usually no, but this tomato soup is thanks to the cottage cheese.
Yes, but add it in at the end.
Other soups and stews to try
If you make these High Protein Pumpkin Soup With Cottage Cheese, please leave me a rating and review on this blog post. This is the best way to support me! Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!
Subscribe to my weekly newsletter to get my latest recipes delivered straight to your inbox!
High Protein Pumpkin Soup With Cottage Cheese
- 1 yellow or sweet onion - finely chopped
- 2-4 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon rosemary
- ½-1 teaspoon salt adjust to your preference
- ¼-1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3-4 cups vegetable broth adjust to your thickness preference
- ¾ cup cottage cheese
- Heat a splash of oil in a soup pot over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add all remaining ingredients to the pot except for the cottage cheese. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10-20 minutes. The longer you cook the more flavor there will be.
- Add all soup to a blender and blend until smooth. Alternatively you can use an immersion blender and blend the soup in the pot.