High Protein Tomato Soup with Cottage Cheese - a delicious fall soup. Cottage cheese makes the soup creamy and full of protein. Even if you don't like cottage cheese you will love this recipe, you don't taste the cottage cheese because it gets blended up. Instead it adds a nice umami undertone to the soup. It is a perfect recipe to convert over a cottage cheese hater.
Why you'll love this recipe
It is easy to make and ready in 30 minutes or less.
It is vegetarian and gluten free.
Thanks to the cottage cheese this recipe is high in protein.
It is perfect the perfect healthy dinner and goes great with grilled cheese or toasted bread.
- can whole peeled tomatoes
- vegetable broth
- tomato paste
- cottage cheese
See the recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.
- basil - can be subbed with any herb you like, parsley would be great in this.
Blend together soup.
Serve and enjoy!
You can store the extra soup in a sealed container in your fridge for up to 3-4 days.
Use a good quality cottage cheese for the best tasting soup. I love Good Culture cottage cheese.
Cottage cheese is full of protein and vitamins.
Usually no, but this tomato soup is thanks to the cottage cheese.
Other soups and stews to try
If you make these High Protein Tomato Soup with Cottage Cheese, please leave me a rating and review on this blog post. This is the best way to support me! Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!
Subscribe to my weekly newsletter to get my latest recipes delivered straight to your inbox!
High Protein Tomato Soup with Cottage Cheese
- 1 onion - finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic - finely chopped
- 1 28 ounce can whole peeled tomatoes
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- pinch salt
- pinch black pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ½ cup finely chopped basil
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- ¾ cup cottage cheese
- Heat oil in a soup pot over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 3 more minutes.
- Add all remaining ingredients to the pot except for the cottage cheese. Bring to a simmer and cook for 15-20 minutes (longer is better for more flavor)
- Add soup to a blender along with the cottage cheese. Blend until smooth. Alternatively you could use an immersion blender for this and blend the cottage cheese in the pot with the soup.
- Divide soup out and serve with crusty bread or a grilled cheese.