Cauliflower has been having a moment, and for good reason. It truly is a versatile vegetable that can basically fit into any type of recipe. However, my problem with most cauliflower based recipes is that they lack protein and do not keep me full very long. This Vegan Hot Honey Sticky Cauliflower and Chickpeas recipe is perfect when you want a cauliflower based dish with substance.
The chickpeas add plant protein and extra fiber. Plus they crisp up nicely on the sheet pan with the cauliflower and add texture to the dish.
Why you'll love this recipe:
- It is high in protein, unlike most cauliflower recipes this will leave you feeling satisfied.
- It is vegan, gluten free and plant based.
- It is made on one sheet pan.
- The sauce is sticky, sweet and spicy.
- It is easy to make.
- It is packed with fiber
- hot sauce
- maple syrup
- soy sauce
- rice vinegar
- hot sauce
- arrowroot powder or cornstarch
Toss cauliflower and chickpeas in spices and bake until crisp.
Mix together sauce ingredients and simmer until thickened.
Toss together sauce, cauliflower and chickpeas.
Serve with sides and toppings and dig in!
Store the leftovers in a sealed container in your refrigerator for 2-3 days.
Frequently asked questions
Arrowroot starch makes the sauce sticky. Do not omit the starch!
Cauliflower is full of antioxidants, fiber and vitamins. Cauliflower is a cruciferous vegetable so it has anti-cancer properties.
- Rice vinegar- can be subbed with apple cider vinegar or another neutral tasting vinegar
- Arrowroot powder- can be subbed with cornstarch
- Chickpeas - could be subbed with crispy tofu
- Maple syrup- can be subbed with honey
- Hot sauce- could be subbed with sriracha
Other yummy plant based dinners to try
If you try this Vegan Hot Honey Sticky Cauliflower and Chickpeas recipe please leave me a rating and review, this is the best way to support me!
Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!
Hot Honey Sticky Cauliflower and Chickpeas
- 1 head cauliflower - cut into small florets
- 1 can chickpeas - drained
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ~1 tablespoon oil
- salt/pepper to taste
- 1 garlic clove - minced
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup or honey honey is not vegan
- ¼ cup soy sauce or aminos
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoon rice vinegar or sub apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder/starch or cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Toss chickpeas and cauliflower in oil and spices. Roast for 35-45 minutes or until browned on a lined sheet pan.
- When your cauliflower and chickpeas have finished cooking, begin your sauce. Mix together all sauce ingredients in a small bowl and then transfer to a sauce pan over medium high heat. Stir or whisk until sauce has thickened, this will take 1-2 minutes.
- Pour sauce over chickpeas and cauliflower and stir until fully combined.
- Serve cauliflower and chickpeas with rice and top with scallions.