Vegan Golden Harvest Soup with Kale, Leeks, White Beans and Squash
I was so happy to see butternut squash at the farmers market last weekend. It is my favorite fall vegetable. I use it to make this Vegan Golden Harvest Soup with Kale, Leeks, White Beans and Squash and it did not disappoint.
This soup is so good and perfect for fall. Since it has turmeric it is anti inflammatory. The coconut milk in this soup also adds such a good flavor and healthy fats.
Let's get into the recipe.
This vegan golden harvest soup is
- healthy for you
- packed with fall produce
- easy to make
- protein and fiber rich
What do I need to make a vegan golden harvest soup?
- butternut squash
- white beans
- coconut milk
- vegetable broth
- nutritional yeast
How do I store the leftovers?
This soup can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 4-5 days. It could also probably be frozen but I have not tested this.
Other plant based soup recipes to try
If you make this Vegan Golden Harvest Soup with Kale, Leeks, White Beans and Squash, please leave me a rating and review on this blog post. This is the best way to support me!
Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 25
- Total Time: 30 minutes
This makes 4-5 servings of soup
- 3 leeks, white and light green parts only - roughly chopped
- 4 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 small butternut squash - cut into small cubes
- 4 stalks celery - finely chopped
- 2 cans white beans - drained
- ~1 cup basil - finely chopped
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 4 cups vegetable broth (from 1 32 oz container)
- 1 ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 ½ tsp paprika
- pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1-2 teaspoon salt (adjust to your preference)
- 1-2 teaspoon black pepper (adjust to your preference)
- 1 tbsp good quality mustard
- 1 head kale - finely chopped with ribs removed
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add leeks, garlic and celery. Cook for 7-8 minutes or until veggies have started to soften.
- Add all remaining ingredients to the pot. Cover and bring to a boil and then lower to a simmer.
- Simmer soup for 20-25 minutes until everything is cooked through.
- Turn off heat and add kale to soup. Stir soup until kale has wilted.
- Serve soup with your favorite sides and toppings, I like fresh toasted sourdough.