It is still hot in Texas but I am starting to crave all of the fall foods. One of my favorite things to make in the fall is chili. This Killer 3 Bean Vegan Chili with White Beans (instant pot) is the best chili I have ever made. Even my meat eating boyfriend loves it.
This chili can be made on your stove top or in an instant pot. It is so flavorful thanks to all of the spices and it also has a great texture because it has 3 different beans. This chili will be a recipe I will be making again and again. Let's get into the recipe.
Why you'll love this recipe
- It is easy to make and made in one pot.
- It can be made on your stove top or instant pot.
- It is high in protein and healthy for you.
- It's vegan, gluten free, dairy free and plant based.
What do I need to make vegan white bean chili?
- red onion
- nutritional yeast
- chili powder
- maple syrup
- apple cider vinegar
- black pepper
- black beans
- white beans
- crushed tomatoes
- vegetable broth
- Chickpeas, black beans and white beans - feel free to mix and match these with your favorite canned beans
- nutritional yeast - if you can't find this you can omit it
- red onion - you can sub this with any onion
- carrots - can be subbed with sweet potato
Simmer all ingredients.
The leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in your fridge for up to 5 days. You can also store the leftovers in your freezer and thaw out portions as you want to eat them.
This chili is a great meal prep option. To reheat it just microwave for about 45 seconds or heat it on the stove top.
Don't skip any ingredients if you can avoid it, all of the flavors come together to make the most delicious chilI!
Frequently Asked Questions
I have this model. I love my instant pot, I have had it for over 3 years and I use it weekly. It makes prepping recipes and sides a breeze.
It varies. Most common chili recipes have meat in them, this recipe does not!
While there are many vegan meat substitutes this chili uses beans.
Other vegan chilis, soups and stews to try
If you make this Killer 3 Bean Vegan Chili with White Beans (instant pot), please leave me a rating and review on this blog post. This is the best way to support me!
Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!
Killer 3 Bean Vegan Chili with White Beans (instant pot)
- 1 instant pot optional
- ½ red onion - finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 bunch scallions - finely sliced
- 3 carrots - finely chopped
- 3 stalks celery - finely chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro - finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno - finely chopped with seeds removed
- 1 tablespoon cacao or cocoa powder optional but enhances flavor
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoon maple syrup optional, but again enhances flavor
- 2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoon cumin
- juice from 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 can chickpeas - drained
- 1 can black beans - drained
- 1 can white beans - drained
- 1 54 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- Stovetop: Heat a splash of oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, scallions, carrots, jalapeno and celery to the pot. Cook for 8 minutes. Add remaining ingredients to pot. Cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes until everything is cooked through and veggies are tender.
- Instant pot: Add oil to instant pot. Add onion, garlic, scallions, carrots, jalapeno and celery to the pot. Cook for 8 minutes using saute function. Add remaining ingredients to instant pot. Cook on high pressure for 12 minutes, and then let pressure release naturally for 10 minutes.
- Let chili cool and serve.