It is still hot in Texas but I am starting to crave all of the fall foods. One of my favorite things to make in the fall is chili. This Killer 3 Bean Vegan Chili with White Beans (instant pot) is the best chili I have ever made. Even my meat eating boyfriend loves it. This chili can be made on your stove top or in an instant pot. It is so flavorful thanks to all of the spices and it also has a great texture because it has 3 different beans. This chili will be a recipe I will be making again and again. Let's get into the recipe.
This vegan chili is
- easy to make
- made on your stove top or instant pot
- high in protein
- healthy for you
- vegan, gluten free, dairy free and plant based
What do I need to make 3 bean vegan chili with white beans?
- red onion
- nutritional yeast
- chili powder
- maple syrup
- apple cider vinegar
- black pepper
- black beans
- white beans
- crushed tomatoes
- vegetable broth
What Instant Pot do I have?
I have this model. I love my instant pot, I have had it for over 3 years and I use it weekly. It makes prepping recipes and sides a breeze.
How do I store the leftovers?
The leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in your fridge for up to 5 days. You can also store the leftovers in your freezer and thaw out portions as you want to eat them.
Other vegan chilis, soups and stews to try
If you make this Killer 3 Bean Vegan Chili with White Beans (instant pot), please leave me a rating and review on this blog post. This is the best way to support me!
Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!Print
Killer 3 Bean Vegan Chili with White Beans (instant pot)
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 40 minutes
This makes 4-5 servings of chili
- ½ red onion - finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 bunch scallions - finely sliced
- 3 carrots - finely chopped
- 3 stalks celery - finely chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro - finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno - finely chopped with seeds removed
- 1 tbsp cacao or cocoa powder (optional but enhances flavor)
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp maple syrup (optional, but again enhances flavor)
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp cumin
- juice from 1 lime
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 can chickpeas - drained
- 1 can black beans - drained
- 1 can white beans - drained
- 1 54 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- Stovetop: Heat a splash of oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, scallions, carrots, jalapeno and celery to the pot. Cook for 8 minutes. Add remaining ingredients to pot. Cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes until everything is cooked through and veggies are tender.
- Instant pot: Add oil to instant pot. Add onion, garlic, scallions, carrots, jalapeno and celery to the pot. Cook for 8 minutes using saute function. Add remaining ingredients to instant pot. Cook on high pressure for 12 minutes, and then let pressure release naturally for 10 minutes.
- Let chili cool and serve.