Winter is in full swing and I have been craving all of the healthy soup recipes. This vegan butternut squash tomato soup with cashews is my latest soup recipe and it is so good.
This soup is packed with flavor and made with simple ingredients. The flavor of butternut squash and tomato together is divine. This soup is very easy to make, all you do is simmer the ingredients on your stove top and then blend in your blender. Of course it is also vegan and gets its creaminess from cashews. Overall, this is a must make recipe!
Let's get into the recipe.
This vegan creamy herbed butternut squash and tomato soup is
- gluten free, dairy free, egg free and plant based
- full of healthy fats
- easy to make
- made with healthier for you ingredients
- made on your stove top and blender
- flavorful and delicious
Ingredients for vegan butternut squash and tomato soup with thyme and rosemary
- butternut squash
- vegetable broth
- nutritional yeast
See recipe card for quantities.
Instructions to healthy vegan butternut squash and tomato soup
Step 1: Add onion and garlic to pot and cook until softened.
Step 2: Add remaining ingredients to pot and simmer until cooked through.
Step 2: Add ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
Step 3: Serve.
- cashews - can be subbed with hemp seeds or ¼ cup tahini
- butternut squash - can be subbed with another squash like kabocha or delicata
- Nutritional yeast - can be subbed with miso
I used my vitamix 7500 blender for this and I love it. You can use any blender you like for this.
Storage instructions for creamy vegan butternut squash and tomato soup without coconut milk
The leftover soup can be stored in a sealed container for up to 3 days.
Other vegan soups to try
If you make this Vegan Creamy Butternut Squash Tomato Soup with Cashews, please leave me a rating and review on this blog post. This is the best way to support me!
Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!Print
Vegan Creamy Butternut Squash Tomato Soup with Cashews
This vegan creamy butternut squash tomato soup with cashews is a delicious soup recipe.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: dinner
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: american
This makes 2 servings of soup
- 4 garlic cloves - minced
- 1 small butternut squash - cubed (about 2 ½ cups)
- 1 onion - finely chopped
- ½ cup cashews
- 1 sprig fresh thyme (sub 1 tsp dried)
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary (sub 1 tsp dried)
- 1 18 ounce can of crushed tomatoes
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tsp salt (or to taste)
- black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast (sub with miso paste)
- juice from ½ lemon
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion to the pot. Cook for 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add all remaining ingredients to the pot. Cover pot and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until squash has softened.
- Transfer soup to a blender (or use an immersion blender) blend until smooth.
- Divide out soup and serve with your favorite sides and toppings. I like to dip toasted sourdough in mine
Keywords: butternut squash tomato soup, vegan soup, creamy soup