There is a major misconception that vegans and vegetarians do not get enough protein. In reality it is so easy to get protein in a vegan diet. People need to be more concerned about their fiber intake than protein intake, and vegan food is packed with fiber. This Creamy Silken Tofu Tomato Pasta Sauce (vegan and high protein) is packed with protein thanks to the secret ingredient of silken tofu.
Let's get into the recipe.
This vegan silken tofu tomato sauce is
- high in protein
- nut free and made without cashews
- plant based, dairy free and can be made gluten free
- easy to make
- made in less than 30 minutes
- high in protein and a complete protein source
What do I need to make this silken tofu tomato pasta sauce?
- crushed tomatoes
- basil or parsley
- olive oil
- red pepper flakes
- silken tofu
What should I add to this pasta?
This pasta is delicious as is, but if you wanted to add some extra veggies I would recommend roasted broccoli or sauteed kale or spinach.
How do I make tofu pasta sauce?
- Cook your onions and garlic in a skillet for 5 minutes.
- Add all remaining ingredients except for tomatoes and simmer for 10-20 minutes.
- Add tomato mixture to a blender along with your tofu.
- Blend until smooth and mix with the rest of your ingredients - thats it!
Other high protein vegan recipes to try
If you make this Creamy Silken Tofu Tomato Pasta Sauce (vegan and high protein) please leave me a rating and review on this blog post! This is the best way to support me.
Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!
CREAMY SILKEN TOFU TOMATO PASTA SAUCE (VEGAN AND HIGH PROTEIN)
- ½ onion - finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 54 ounce can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt + more to taste
- 1 teaspoon pepper + more to taste
- ½ cup finely chopped basil or parsley
- 2 teaspoon oregano
- 1-2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes optional
- 1 block silken tofu
- +½-1 pack cooked spaghetti of choice - I used organic whole wheat
- ½ cup fresh chopped basil or parsley
- Heat oil in a deep skillet or pot over low-medium heat. Add onions and cook for 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add all remaining ingredients except for tofu to the pan. Stir to combine. Bring to a gentle simmer over low-medium heat and cook for 10-20 more minutes, stirring often. Longer is better but you can cook for only 10 minutes if you are short on time.
- Add sauce to a blender along with your tofu. Blend on high until smooth.
- Mix sauce with cooked pasta. Add additional salt or pepper if needed. Divide out and serve.