Introducing crispy white beans. If you love crispy chickpeas than you will love these crispy white beans. These Roasted Crispy White Beans with Garlic and Thyme will be your new favorite snack or salad topper.
These beans are healthy and high in protein. They are also so delicious and made with simple ingredients. All you need is your oven and a sheet pan for these beans. Once you try crispy white beans you will never go back!
Let's get into the recipe.
These baked crispy white beans are
- gluten free, dairy free, egg free and plant based
- high in protein
- easy to make
- made with healthier for you ingredients
- the perfect healthy vegan snack
- great as a salad topper
Ingredients for vegan crispy white beans
- white beans
- garlic powder
See recipe card for quantities.
Instructions to baked crispy garlic and thyme white beans
Step 1: Add beans to a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Toss in spices.
Step 2: Roast beans for 25-35 minutes.
Step 3: Serve!
- Garlic powder- can be subbed with your favorite spice like paprika, cumin, za'atar etc
- Thyme- can be subbed with your favorite herb, rosemary would be great here
- White beans - any white beans work here, think navy, cannellini or butter beans
You just need a sheet pan and your oven for this recipe.
Storage instructions for crunchy baked garlic and herb white beans
If you have leftover beans you can store them in a sealed container for 2-3 days. They will lose a lot of their crisp after a day or so though.
Air Fryer instructions for crispy white beans
You can follow the same instructions, just air fry your beans for 10-15 minutes at 400 degrees instead of baking.
Other vegan snacks to try
If you make these Roasted Crispy White Beans with Garlic and Thyme, please leave me a rating and review on this blog post. This is the best way to support me!
Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you
ROASTED CRISPY WHITE BEANS WITH GARLIC AND THYME
- 1 can white beans - drained and patted dry
- 1 tablespoon oil of choice I like avocado
- ½-1 teaspoon salt adjust to your preference
- black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves or ½ teaspoon dried
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Add white beans to a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Toss with oil, garlic, salt, pepper and thyme.
- Roast beans for 25-35 minutes. I personally roasted mine for 35 minutes but if you have a hot oven you may need to go to the low end.
- Eat beans as a snack, or use as a salad or bowl topper.