Smoky Lentil Stew with Leeks and Potatoes (vegan)
This Smoky Lentil Stew with Leeks and Potatoes (vegan) will be your new favorite stew recipe.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 25
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: dinner
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: american
This makes about 4 servings of soup.
- 4 stalks celery - finely chopped
- 2 leeks - separated from green stalks and finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves - minced
- 4 cups diced potatoes - from 3-4 red potatoes
- 1/2 cup basil - finely chopped
- 1/2 cup brown lentils
- 1/2 cup farro
- 4-6 cups vegetable broth (adjust to your thickness preference, I used 5 cups)
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce (could subbed crushed tomatoes)
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 cup chopped basil
- 1 tsp liquid smoke (this gives the smoky flavor)
- 1-2 tsp salt (or to taste)
- black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- pinch cayenne or red pepper flakes
- Heat oil in a soup pot over medium heat. Add garlic, leeks and celery. Cook for about 8 minutes or until veggies have started to get translucent.
- Add all remaining ingredients to the pot. Cover and bring to a boil and then lower to a simmer. Simmer for 20-25 minutes or until everything is cooked through.
- Let cool and dig in.
Keywords: stew, smoky lentil stew, leeks, potatoes