This Lentil burrito bowl with chipotle cashew sauce is the vegan bowl of your dreams. It is full of plant protein and you will want to drink the tangy chipotle cashew sauce. It is a riff off a bowl I ate while traveling in Tulum this past winter. This bowl is so good and ready in less than 30 minutes.
Why you'll love this recipe
It is easy to make.
Move over chipotle, this burrito bowl is tastier and healthier.
This recipe is the perfect high protein vegan meal.
You'll want to drink the chipotle cashew sauce - it's delicious.
The recipe is vegetarian, vegan gluten free and high in protein.
Add ice cream to muffin tin and freeze for 1-2 hours.
Blend together chipotle cashew sauce.
Cook the lentil filling.
Assemble bowls, serve and enjoy!
Ingredients for mexican inspired lentil buddha bowl
- bell pepper
- tomato paste
- smoked paprika
- chili powder
- chipotle peppers
- adobo peppers
- avocado oil
- garlic powder
- apple cider vinegar
- maple syruo
Storage instructions for lentil nourish bowl
The extra burrito bowl can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
You just need a skillet and your stove top for this recipe.
What is the protein source in this recipe?
The lentils, cashews and quinoa all provide protein in this recipe. There is about 20 grams of protein per serving.
- cilantro - can be subbed with parsley
- lentils - can be subbed with black beans
- maple syrup - can be subbed with honey
Other vegan bowls
If you make this Lentil burrito bowl with chipotle cashew sauce, please leave me a rating and review on this blog post. This is the best way to support me!
Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!
Lentil burrito bowl with chipotle cashew sauce
- ½ red onion - finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper - finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 ½ cups cooked green brown or black lentils (can use canned)
- ½ cup cilantro - finely chopped
- ¼-1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- Cashew sauce
- 2 chipotle peppers from a can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce from a can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- ½ cup cashews soak for 4 hours if you don't have a high powered belnder
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- ¼ cup avocado oil sub another neutral oil
- ¼-1/2 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- juice from 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- Other ingredients
- ½ cup cooked quinoa or grain of choice
- 2 cups chopped romaine or lettuce of choice
- ½ sliced avocado optional
- Add all cashew sauce ingredients to a blender and blent until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 5 minutes. Add bell pepper and cook for 5 minutes. Add all remaining filling ingredients and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Assemble bowls with quinoa, filling, lettuce and sauce. Top with avocado if using. Dig in.