Creamy Carrot Red Lentil Soup with Harissa - a delicious fall or winter soup. This soup is so easy to make and made in one pot. It is also packed with veggies, fiber and protein. The coconut milk and lentils make this soup so creamy.
Why you'll love this recipe
It is easy to make and made in one pot.
It is vegetarian, gluten free and vegan.
Thanks to the lentils this recipe is high in protein.
It is perfect the perfect healthy fall or winter dinner.
- coconut milk
- red lentils
- nutritional yeast
See the recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.
- Coconut milk - you can use regular milk here. You can also use more broth but the soup will be less creamy.
- Harissa - you can sub in tomato paste but this will alter the flavor.
- Miso paste - you can sub in soy sauce.
- Do not sub out the red lentils.
Cook carrots onions and garlic.
Add remaining ingredients and simmer.
Serve with your favorite toppings and sides.
You can store the extra soup in a sealed container in your fridge for up to 3-4 days.
Do not sub out the red lentils for other lentils because they will not blend as well.
Red lentils are mushier than other lentils when cooked through which makes them great for blending.
Carrots are full of vitamins like vitamin A which is good for your eyes.
Other soups and stews to try
If you make this Creamy Carrot Red Lentil Soup with Harissa, please leave me a rating and review on this blog post. This is the best way to support me! Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!
Subscribe to my weekly newsletter to get my latest recipes straig
Creamy Carrot Red Lentil Soup with Harissa
- ½ onion - finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic - minced
- 4 medium carrots - roughly chopped
- 1 cup red lentils
- 4-6 cups vegetable broth adjust to your thickness preference
- 1 cup coconut milk can sub regular milk
- 1 tablespoon miso paste
- 2 tablespoons harissa
- juice from ½ lemon
- ½-1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon za'atar
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- Heat oil in a pot over medium heat. Add onions and cook for 5 minutes. Add garlic and carrots and cook for 3 more minutes.
- Add all remaining ingredients to the pot and cook for 20-25 minutes, until carrots are soft.
- Add soup to a blender and blend until smooth. Serve and enjoy.