Baked Greek Lentil Meatballs with tzatziki - the perfect vegetarian dinner recipe. These meatballs are full of fresh greek flavors. This is a recipe that is great to make for omnivores or veggie skeptics, my boyfriend is not vegan or vegetarian and loves this recipe.
Why you'll love this recipe
It is easy to make.
These meatballs are the perfect vegetarian dinner recipe.
It is full of greek flavors.
The recipe is vegetarian, and can be made gluten free.
Blend together meatball ingredients.
Form meatballs and bake.
Serve meatballs with tzatziki and sides of choice.
- brown lentils
- red onion
- bread crumbs
- tomato paste
- soy sauce
The pasta can be stored in a sealed container in your fridge for up to 2 days.
You just need a sheet pan and a food processor for this recipe.
What food processor do I use?
I love my cuisinart food processor, I have had it for years and it is a staple item for me.
- mint and parsley - can be subbed with your favorite herbs, dill or basil would work well
- egg - I think a flax egg would work here but I am not sure
- brown lentils - you can use green or black lentils. Red or yellow lentils will be too mushy.
Other vegetarian recipes to try
If you make this Baked Greek Lentil Meatballs with tzatziki, please leave me a rating and review on this blog post. This is the best way to support me!
Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!
Baked Greek Lentil Meatballs with tzatziki
- 1 ½ cups cooked brown lentils can use canned
- ½ red onion - finely chopped
- ¾ cup bread crumbs gluten free if needed
- ¼ cup fresh chopped mint
- ¼ cup fresh chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 egg
- ½-1 teaspoon salt
- black pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- juice from ½ lemon
- ½ cup yogurt
- ¼ cup shredded cucumber
- juice from ½ lemon
- pinch salt
- pinch black pepper
- 1 garlic clove - minced
- ¼ cup fresh chopped dill
- +other optional sides of veggies of choice and cooked grain of choice
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Add all meatball ingredients to a food processor. Partially blend until combined but not pureed, you want to leave a little texture.
- Roll out meatballs onto a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Bake meatballs for 30-35 minutes.
- While meatballs are cooking, mix together your tzatziki.
- Serve meatballs with sauce and sides of choice.