Vegan Egg Roll Soup with Tofu - a delicious fall or winter soup. This soup is so easy to make and made in one pot. It is also packed with veggies and fiber. Tofu also makes this soup high in protein. This soup takes all of the ingredients in an egg roll but transforms it into a delicious soup.
Why you'll love this recipe
It is easy to make and made in one pot.
It is vegetarian, gluten free and vegan.
Thanks to the tofu this recipe is high in protein.
It is perfect the perfect healthy fall or winter dinner.
- sesame oil
- soy sauce
- rice vinegar
See the recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.
- Cilantro - this could be subbed with scallions or parsley.
- Rice vinegar - this could be subbed with apple cider vinegar or lime juice.
Add veggies and cook.
Add all remaining ingredients and simmer until veggies are cooked through.
Serve with your favorite toppings and sides.
You can store the extra soup in a sealed container in your fridge for up to 3-4 days.
Firm or super firm tofu is key to this recipe. Soft tofu will fall apart.
This soup would taste really yummy with wonton strips. I just could not find any at the grocery store.
Many egg rolls have meat or eggs so no. However this soup uses a plant based egg roll filling so it is completely vegan.
Typically egg rolls filling is made of meat or tofu, ginger, garlic, cabbage, carrots and sometimes mushrooms.
Other soups and stews to try
If you make this Vegan Egg Roll Soup with Tofu, please leave me a rating and review on this blog post. This is the best way to support me! Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!
Subscribe to my weekly newsletter to get my latest recipes straight to your inbox.
Vegan Egg Roll Soup with Tofu
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 block extra firm tofu - crumbled
- ½ onion - finely chopped
- 3-4 cups finely chopped cabbage from 1 tiny cabbage
- 2 medium carrots - finely chopped
- 5 cloves garlic - finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger - finely chopped
- ½ cup cilantro - finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 6-8 cups vegetable broth
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- ½ cup finely chopped scallions
- sriracha to taste
- Heat sesame oil in a soup pot over medium heat. Add crumbled tofu and cook for about 8 minutes until it has started to brown.
- Add onions, carrots, garlic and ginger to the pot. Cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add all remaining soup ingredients to the pot. Stir to combine. Bring to a simmer and cook for about 15 more minutes, until the veggies have softened.