Thai Pumpkin Lentil Meatballs with Curry Sauce - a delicious fall vegetarian meal. This recipe is high in plant protein and rich in fall flavors. These meatballs are super easy to make and great to meal prep ahead of a busy week.
I love lentil meatballs. For another lentil meatball recipe try my greek lentil meatballs.
Why you'll love this recipe
It is easy to make and ready in less than 40 minutes.
It is vegetarian and can be made gluten free.
Thanks to the lentils this recipe is high in protein.
It is perfect the perfect healthy dinner.
- lentils - Lentils provide protein and are the meat substitute.
- egg - The egg binds the recipe, you can use a flax egg if desired.
- cilantro - Cilantro adds fresh herby flavor.
- pumpkin - Pumpkin adds fall flavor and fiber to this recipe.
- curry paste - Curry paste adds thai flavor.
- soy sauce - Soy sauce adds umami to the recipe.
- lime - Lime adds acidity.
- coconut milk - Coconut milk is integral to the curry sauce.
- vinegar - Vinegar adds acidity.
See the recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.
- pumpkin- can be subbed tomato paste
- cilantro - can be subbed with basil
Blend together meatball ingredients.
Make curry sauce.
Serve and enjoy!
You can store the extra meatballs in a sealed container in your fridge for up to 3 days.
Make each meatball the same size for optimum cooking.
Cottage cheese is full of protein and vitamins.
Usually no, but this tomato soup is thanks to the cottage cheese.
Other vegetarian dinner recipes
If you make these Thai Pumpkin Lentil Meatballs with Curry Sauce, please leave me a rating and review on this blog post. This is the best way to support me! Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!
Subscribe to my weekly newsletter to get my latest recipes delivered straight to your inbox.
Thai Pumpkin Lentil Meatballs with Curry Sauce
- 1 ½ cups cooked brown, green or black lentils don't use red they are too mushy
- 1 egg use a flax egg if vegan
- ½ onion finely chopped
- ¾ cup breadcrumbs use gluten free if needed
- ¼ cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- ½-1 teaspoon salt
- pinch black pepper
- 1 teaspoon red curry paste
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove
- juice from ½ lime
- 1 can coconut milk (full fat or light works)
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- ½ onion - finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons curry paste
- juice from ½ lime
- ¼ cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- cooked grain of choice
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Add all meatball ingredients to a food processor. Pulse a few times until partially blended. You want the dough to be rollable but still have some texture.
- Roll out meatballs onto a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- While your meatballs are cooking, make your curry sauce. Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and cook for 5 minutes. Add all remaining ingredients to the pan. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10-20 more minutes. Add additional salt or pepper if desired.
- Add rice to bowls (if using). Divide out meatballs among the two bowls and top with the curry sauce. Dig in.