It has been below freezing here in DC for what seems like forever. I slowly feel like I am dying but I am trying to motivate myself by reminding myself that I am moving to Texas in just a few weeks. Until then, I will be eating all of the cozy, warming foods. This Roasted Tomato and White Bean Stew with Farro (vegan) is my new favorite cozy meal.
This plant based stew is:
- Healthy for you
- Budget friendly
- Easy to make
- Packed with protein and iron
- Fiber rich
What ingredients do I need to make this vegan high protein bean and farro stew?
- olive oil
- white bean
- vegetable broth
- italian seasoning
- nutritional yeast
- kale or spinach
How to make this vegan white bean and farro stew
- Roast your tomatoes.
- Cook onions and garlic in a large pot. Add all other ingredients except kale and cook through.
- Mix in tomatoes once they are done cooking.
- Lastly fold in kale until wilted.
The extra stew can be stored in a sealed container in your fridge for up to 5 days.
OTHER COZY RECIPES TO TRY
If you make this Roasted Tomato and White Bean Stew with Farro (vegan) please leave me a rating and review! This is the best way to support me.
TAG ME ON INSTAGRAM SO I CAN REPOST YOU!Print
Roasted Tomato and White Bean Stew with Farro (vegan)
This roasted tomato and white bean stew with farro is a delicious stew recipe.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 3 1x
- Category: dinner
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: american
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 10 oz containers of cherry tomatoes
- 1 small onion - finely diced
- 4 garlic cloves - minced
- 1 can white beans - drained
- ½ cup farro (or sub another grain, cooking time will vary)
- 2-3 cups vegetable broth (I used 2 but I like a thicker stew)
- juice from ½ lemon
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 cup basil - finely chopped
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 4 cups finely chopped kale or spinach
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Add tomatoes and olive oil to a baking dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for 25-30 minutes, until the tomatoes have started to burst.
- Heat oil in a soup pot over medium heat. Add onions and cook for 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add beans, farro, vegetable broth, basil, lemon and spices to the pot. Stir to combine. Bring to a simmer and cook until farro is soft, about 15-20 minutes.
- Once tomatoes are done cooking, add them to the pot and cook for at least 3 more minutes, or until everything is cooked through.
- Turn off heat. Add kale to the pot and stir until wilted.
- Serve soup with your favorite sides. I recommend sourdough.
- Serving Size: 3
Keywords: roasted tomato stew, white bean stew, vegan stew
I made this for my family and we all loved it! I added more broth and some water to make sure there would be enough and it worked perfectly! Amazing consistency, flavour and overall, just the perfect soup on a cold winter night! Definitely loved pairing it with fresh sourdough, as recommended! If you’re looking for a cozy meal, look no further!
Soooo tasty! Possibly my favorite stew ever. I think I have made this 5 times in the last two months it’s so good and so easy to have for lunch during a busy workday. I like to add extra beans or dry lentils (with extra broth!) to make it last longer and bump up the protein. Delicious with sourdough!
Wow! I’m not vegan but my husband and I are trying to reduce our meat consumption (possibly cut it completely) and this was our first recipe we tried from Avocado Skillet. I sent it to a few friends and plan to make it again in the future. I loved how easy this was to follow, and already have a few more recipes lined up for the week from this site based on how delicious this one ended up. Thank you!
Delicious! Really quick and versatile!
Perfect! Really quick and versatile!
So amazing! My family and I loved it!