It has been below freezing here in DC for what seems like forever. I slowly feel like I am dying but I am trying to motivate myself by reminding myself that I am moving to Texas in just a few weeks. Until then, I will be eating all of the cozy, warming foods. This Roasted Tomato and White Bean Stew with Farro (vegan) is my new favorite cozy meal.
This plant based stew is:
- Healthy for you
- Budget friendly
- Easy to make
- Packed with protein and iron
- Fiber rich
What ingredients do I need to make this vegan high protein bean and farro stew?
- olive oil
- white bean
- vegetable broth
- italian seasoning
- nutritional yeast
- kale or spinach
How to make this vegan white bean and farro stew
- Roast your tomatoes.
- Cook onions and garlic in a large pot. Add all other ingredients except kale and cook through.
- Mix in tomatoes once they are done cooking.
- Lastly fold in kale until wilted.
The extra stew can be stored in a sealed container in your fridge for up to 5 days.
OTHER COZY RECIPES TO TRY
If you make this Roasted Tomato and White Bean Stew with Farro (vegan) please leave me a rating and review! This is the best way to support me.
TAG ME ON INSTAGRAM SO I CAN REPOST YOU!Print
Roasted Tomato and White Bean Stew with Farro (vegan)
This roasted tomato and white bean stew with farro is a delicious stew recipe.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 3 1x
- Category: dinner
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: american
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 10 oz containers of cherry tomatoes
- 1 small onion - finely diced
- 4 garlic cloves - minced
- 1 can white beans - drained
- ½ cup farro (or sub another grain, cooking time will vary)
- 2-3 cups vegetable broth (I used 2 but I like a thicker stew)
- juice from ½ lemon
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 cup basil - finely chopped
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 4 cups finely chopped kale or spinach
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Add tomatoes and olive oil to a baking dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for 25-30 minutes, until the tomatoes have started to burst.
- Heat oil in a soup pot over medium heat. Add onions and cook for 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add beans, farro, vegetable broth, basil, lemon and spices to the pot. Stir to combine. Bring to a simmer and cook until farro is soft, about 15-20 minutes.
- Once tomatoes are done cooking, add them to the pot and cook for at least 3 more minutes, or until everything is cooked through.
- Turn off heat. Add kale to the pot and stir until wilted.
- Serve soup with your favorite sides. I recommend sourdough.
- Serving Size: 3
Keywords: roasted tomato stew, white bean stew, vegan stew