I love a good cookie recipe and these Vegan Strawberry Chocolate Chip Cookies are so good. They're also gluten free and made with healthier ingredients. In addition they are insanely easy to make and made in one bowl.
Why you'll love this recipe
Thanks to the strawberries these cookies taste like a chocolate covered strawberry.
These cookies are made with healthier for you ingredients and are refined sugar free.
These cookies are is vegan, vegetarian, high in protein and gluten free.
Mix together all cookie ingredients.
Add cookies to a sheet pan and bake.
Let cool and dig in!
- sweet potato
- coconut sugar
- maple syrup
- almond butter
- oat flour
- almond flour
- baking powder
- baking soda
- chocolate chips
- maple syrup - can be subbed with honey (honey is not vegan).
- coconut sugar - can be subbed with brown sugar.
- DO NOT sub out the flours this will alter the recipe drastically.
The extra cookies can be stored in a sealed container in your fridge for up to 4 days.
Yes, any creamy and thick nut butter works. Do not use tahini because it is too oily.
It serves as a binder and adds healthy fats to recipes.
No, fresh strawberries have too much moisture.
Freeze dried strawberries can be purchased from target, trader joes, whole foods or amazon (among other places).
Other vegan cookies to try
If you make these Vegan Strawberry Chocolate Chip Cookies, please leave me a rating and review on this blog post. This is the best way to support me!
Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!
Vegan Strawberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 flax egg 1 tablespoon ground flax + 2.5 tablespoon water
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup cashew butter or sub another nut butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup oat flour
- ¼ cup almond flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup freeze dried strawberries I lightly partially broke mine up using a glass
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Make your flax egg by combining water and flax. Let set in the refrigerator for 10-30 minutes.
- In a bowl mix together wet ingredients including your flax egg. Pour in dry ingredients except for chocolate chips and strawberries, mix to combine
- Using an ice cream scoop or a small handful of dough evenly distribute dough onto a lined baking sheet. You should have 6-8 evenly sized cookies. Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes.
- Let cookies cool for at least 10 minutes and then enjoy!
This dough is very wet and sticky because it is vegan. I recommend working with wet hands and quickly.