Cookies are my favorite thing to bake. One because they are easy and two because they are so fun to customize with different flavors. Since I am obsessed with sweet potato I knew I had to make a sweet potato cookie. These Purple Sweet Potato Cookies With Chocolate Chips (vegan) are my latest cookie creation and they are so good.
These cookies are vegan and gluten free. Plus they are made with healthy for you ingredients like oat flour, almond flour and unrefined sugars. These cookies are chewy, just the perfect amount sweet and absolutely dreamy. You have to make them.
Let's get into the recipe.
These vegan sweet potato chocolate chip cookies are
- gluten free, dairy free, egg free and plant based
- easy to make
- made with healthier for you ingredients
- not too sweet
Ingredients for chewy & healthy sweet potato cookies
- purple sweet potato
- maple syrup
- coconut sugar
- oat flour
- almond flour
- chocolate chips
- cashew butter
- vanilla extract
- baking powder
- baking soda
See recipe card for quantities.
Instructions for making Purple Sweet Potato Cookies with Oat and Almond flour
Step 1: Mix together wet and dry ingredients in a bowl. Fold in chocolate chips.
Step 2: Add cookie dough to sheet pan and bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes.
Step 3: Let cookies cool and dig in.
- Purple sweet potato- can be subbed with regular sweet potato
- Coconut sugar- can be subbed with brown sugar
- Maple syrup- can be subbed with honey
- Cashew butter- can be subbed with almond butter or peanut butter
You just need a sheet pan and your oven for these cookies
Storage instructions for Purple Sweet Potato Chocolate Chip Cookies
The leftover cookies can be stored in a sealed container in your fridge for up to about 5 days. You can also freeze the cookers in a freezer safe bag or box for up to 3 months.
Other healthy plant based soup recipes to try
If you make this Purple Sweet Potato Cookies With Chocolate Chips (vegan), please leave me a rating and review on this blog post. This is the best way to support me!Print
Purple Sweet Potato Cookies With Chocolate Chips (vegan)
These Purple Sweet Potato Cookies With Chocolate Chips (vegan) are a delicious vegan cookie recipe.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: dessert
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: american
- ⅓ cup (cooked and cooled) mashed purple sweet potato - can sub any sweet potato
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup cashew butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup + 3 tbsp oat flour
- ¼ cup + 1 tbsp almond flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- pinch salt
- ~½ cup chocolate chips (adjust to your preference)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add all wet ingredients to a bowl. Mix until just combined with a spatula. Pour in dry ingredients except for chocolate chips. Mix until just combined. Lastly fold in your chocolate chips.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Form 8-10 evenly sized cookies. The dough is very sticky so I recommend working quickly and with wet hands
- Bake cookies for 12-14 minutes.
- Let cool for at least 10 minutes and enjoy. Store cookies in a sealed container in your fridge for up to 4 days or in your freezer for 3 months.
Keywords: purple sweet potato cookies, sweet potato cookies, vegan sweet potato cookies
Those looks so yum….
Delicious ! 😋