I'm all about no fuss desserts. As much as I love baking, I will probably never own a hand mixer. I make all of my desserts in one bowl with hand measurements and I don't plan on changing because I love the way they taste! These Vegan Chai Chocolate Chip Cookies (Oil Free) are my latest cookie recipe and I am in love!
These chai chocolate chip cookies are made in one bowl, per usual and they are my new obsession! They have a soft but chewy texture and truly melt in your mouth.
Let's get into the recipe:
These vegan chocolate chip cookies are
- made with oat flour and almond flour
- made in one bowl
- oil free
- gluten free
- refined sugar free
What do I need to make these cookies?
- flax seeds + water
- maple syrup
- almond butter
- vanilla extract
- oat flour
- almond flour
- baking powder
- baking soda
- chai spice (cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, ginger)
How do I make these vegan and gluten free chocolate chip cookies?
- Add your wet ingredients to a bowl and mix.
- Pour in your dry ingredients and mix again.
- Fold in your chocolate chips.
- Form cookies on a lined sheet pan.
- Bake until golden.
- Let cool an enjoy!
- Almond butter can be subbed with another thick nut butter such as cashew or peanut. I do not recommend tahini as it is too liquidy.
- Maple syrup can be subbed with honey.
- DO NOT sub the flours (:
These cookies can be stored in a sealed container or bag in your fridge for up to 5 days or your freezer for about 3 months!
Other vegan cookie recipes to try:
If you make these Vegan Chai Chocolate Chip Cookies (Oil Free) please leave me a rating and review on this post, this is the best way to support me!
Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!Print
Vegan Chai Chocolate Chip Cookies (Oil Free)
These vegan chai chocolate chip cookies (oil free) will be your new favorite chocolate chip cookie.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 12
- Total Time: 17 minutes
- Category: dessert
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: american
This makes 9-10 cookies
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flax + 3 tbsp water)
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup chilled almond butter (can sub any nut butter except tahini)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup + 1 tbsp oat flour
- ⅓ cup almond flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp chai spice (½ tsp cinnamon, ½ tsp cardamom, ¼ tsp cloves, ¼ tsp ginger)
- ~1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Make your flax egg by mixing flax and water. Let sit refrigerated for 10-30 minutes.
- In a bowl mix together your wet ingredients, pour in dry ingredients except the chocolate chips and mix until just combined. Lastly fold in chocolate chips.
- On a lined sheet pan form 9-10 cookies. This dough is very sticky, so work with wet hands and quickly.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until golden on the edges.