I'm all about no fuss desserts. As much as I love baking, I will probably never own a hand mixer. I make all of my desserts in one bowl with hand measurements and I don't plan on changing because I love the way they taste! These Vegan Chai Chocolate Chip Cookies (Oil Free) are my latest cookie recipe and I am in love!
These chai chocolate chip cookies are made in one bowl, per usual and they are my new obsession! They have a soft but chewy texture and truly melt in your mouth.
Let's get into the recipe:
These vegan chocolate chip cookies are
- made with oat flour and almond flour
- made in one bowl
- oil free
- gluten free
- refined sugar free
What do I need to make these cookies?
- flax seeds + water
- maple syrup
- almond butter
- vanilla extract
- oat flour
- almond flour
- baking powder
- baking soda
- chai spice (cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, ginger)
How do I make these vegan and gluten free chocolate chip cookies?
- Add your wet ingredients to a bowl and mix.
- Pour in your dry ingredients and mix again.
- Fold in your chocolate chips.
- Form cookies on a lined sheet pan.
- Bake until golden.
- Let cool an enjoy!
- Almond butter can be subbed with another thick nut butter such as cashew or peanut. I do not recommend tahini as it is too liquidy.
- Maple syrup can be subbed with honey.
- DO NOT sub the flours (:
These cookies can be stored in a sealed container or bag in your fridge for up to 5 days or your freezer for about 3 months!
Other vegan cookie recipes to try:
If you make these Vegan Chai Chocolate Chip Cookies (Oil Free) please leave me a rating and review on this post, this is the best way to support me!
Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!Print
Vegan Chai Chocolate Chip Cookies (Oil Free)
These vegan chai chocolate chip cookies (oil free) will be your new favorite chocolate chip cookie.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 12
- Total Time: 17 minutes
- Category: dessert
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: american
This makes 9-10 cookies
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flax + 3 tbsp water)
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup chilled almond butter (can sub any nut butter except tahini)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup + 1 tbsp oat flour
- ⅓ cup almond flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp chai spice (½ tsp cinnamon, ½ tsp cardamom, ¼ tsp cloves, ¼ tsp ginger)
- ~1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Make your flax egg by mixing flax and water. Let sit refrigerated for 10-30 minutes.
- In a bowl mix together your wet ingredients, pour in dry ingredients except the chocolate chips and mix until just combined. Lastly fold in chocolate chips.
- On a lined sheet pan form 9-10 cookies. This dough is very sticky, so work with wet hands and quickly.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until golden on the edges.
These are SO GOOD and SO easy. She really meant no fuss! I actually subbed cashew butter and used whole wheat flour instead of oat and they are really delicious and fluffy. Can’t wait to share these!
They are so delicious and easy to make !! If you love chai flavour as me you have to try them out ??
DELICIOUS! I used peanut butter and added 2 TBS chickpea flour. Kids loved them!
They taste so delicious and are very easy to make!! If you love chai flavour like me you really have to try them out ??
Thank u very much! Love your recipes!
These were perfect with a glass of milk, healthy, tasty and low calorie sugar. My friends loved it, so good!