Vegan Apple Pie Oatmeal Bars - the perfect vegan dessert for fall. These bars are made in one bowl and are super easy to make. They are made with healthier ingredients but taste like apple pie!
Why you'll love this recipe
It is easy to make and made in one bowl.
It is vegan, gluten free and refined sugar free.
Apple lovers rejoice, these bars taste like healthy apple pie!
- flax seeds - These are essential for the vegan egg substitute.
- almond butter - Almond butter adds moisture and binds the recipe.
- coconut oil - Coconut adds moisture and healthy fats.
- maple syrup - Maple syrup is one of our sweeteners.
- coconut sugar - This is our second sweetener source.
- apples - Applies make this taste like apple pie.
- milk - Milk adds some extra moisture to the recipe.
- oat flour - This is our gluten free flour. I have not tested the recipe with any other flours.
- oats - Oats add fiber and texture.
- pumpkin spice - This adds fall flavor.
- apple sauce - apple sauce adds moisture and more apple flavor.
See the recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.
- almond butter - can be subbed with cashew or peanut butter.
- maple syrup - can be subbed with honey.
- flax eggs - can be subbed with eggs.
- coconut sugar - can be subbed with brown sugar.
Mix together all ingredients.
Add batter to a baking dish and bake.
Let cool, cut and serve.
You can store the extra bars in a sealed container in your fridge for up to 5 days or in your freezer for months.
Let the bars cool before cutting so they can firm up.
Yes eggs work fine. I just personally don't like to bake with eggs as they are expensive.
They still have sugar but they are a healthier dessert option. They are made with oat flour and oatmeal for complex carbohydrates and they are full of healthy fats from the almond butter and coconut oil.
These bars are soft and chewy, not hard like granola bars.
Other healthy desserts
If you make these vegan apple pie oatmeal bars, please leave me a rating and review on this blog post. This is the best way to support me! Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!
Subscribe to my weekly newsletter to get my latest recipes delivered to your inbox.
vegan apple pie oatmeal bars
- 2 flax eggs 2 tablespoons ground flax + 5 tablespoons water
- ½ cup apple sauce
- ½ cup almond butter
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons plant milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ½ cups oat flour
- 1 ½ cups rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ cups diced apples
- Make your flax eggs by mixing flax with water. Let sit for at least 5 minutes until thickened.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add all wet ingredients to a bowl and mix until just combined. Pour in dry ingredients except for apples. Mix again until just combined. Lastly fold in apples.
- Pour dough and spread evenly into an 8x8 baking dish lined with parchment paper.
- Bake bars for 20-28 minutes. I baked mine for 25 minutes, a knife should come out mostly clean when finished cooking.
- Let bars cool for 15 minutes, slice and enjoy. Store the leftover bars in a sealed container in your fridge for up to 5 days, or in your freezer for months.