Healthy vegan caramel apple pops- the perfect vegan dessert for fall. These pops are no bake and super easy to make. They are also covered in the best healthy caramel sauce.
Why you'll love this recipe
It is easy to make and no bake.
It is vegan, gluten free and refined sugar free.
Caramel apple lovers rejoice - this is a healthy and easy to make version.
- apples - I like honeycrisp apples the best for this.
- almond butter - Almond butter is the base for our healthy caramel sauce.
- coconut oil - Coconut oil thins out the caramel sauce.
- maple syrup - Maple syrup is the sweetener for the caramel.
- dark chocolate - Dark chocolate coats our apples.
See the recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.
- almond butter - can be subbed with cashew or peanut butter, but keep in mind this will make the sauce less caramel flavored.
- maple syrup - can be subbed with honey.
Mix together caramel sauce.
Coat apples in caramel sauce and freeze.
Dip apples in chocolate and freeze again.
Serve and enjoy!
You can store the apple pops in a sealed container in your fridge for up to 2 days.
Don't let the apples freeze completely because it will be hard to get the popsicle sticks in.
Even though it doesn't seem like it would, it absolutely does. Somehow the almond butter, maple syrup and coconut oil combination tastes like caramel.
They still have sugar but they are a healthier dessert option. The apples have fiber and the chocolate has antioxidants.
Other healthy desserts
If you make these Healthy vegan caramel apple pops, please leave me a rating and review on this blog post. This is the best way to support me! Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!
Subscribe to my weekly newsletter to get my latest recipes delivered to your inbox.
Healthy vegan caramel apple pops
- 2 apples - cut into ½ inch thick slices (sliced vertically)
- ¼ cup almond butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
Other needed things
- popsicle sticks
- mix together all caramel sauce ingredients.
- Spread an even layer of caramel sauce on one side of each apple slice. Freeze for about 25 minutes, until caramel is set.
- Melt together chocolate and coconut oil. Put popsicle sticks in the bottom of each apple slice and coat in chocolate. Freeze again until chocolate is hardened.
- Dig in. Apple pops can be stored in the fridge or freezer.