Soup is the best. It is so easy to customize with all of your favorite flavors. I love mixing up the flavors in my soup and pairing things that you would not normally think of. This vegan roasted red pepper sweet potato soup with almond butter is a delicious soup recipe.
This soup is creamy and flavorful without any dairy. Almond butter provides the creaminess in this soup. This soup is also so easy to make, you just roast everything up on a sheet pan and the blend it in your favorite blender.
Let's get into the recipe.
This garlic sweet potato and red pepper soup is
- gluten free, dairy free, egg free and plant based
- the most delicious plant based soup
- easy to make
- made with healthier for you ingredients
- made in your oven on one sheet pan and then in your blender
- flavorful and delicious
Ingredients for herbed roasted red pepper and sweet potato soup
- sweet potato
- red pepper
- black pepper
- almond butter
- harissa paste
See recipe card for quantities.
Instructions to make spicy sweet potato red pepper soup with harissa
Step 1: Roast veggies.
Step 2: Add all soup ingredients to a blender and blend.
Step 3: Serve soup and enjoy!
- Thyme and rosemary - can be subbed with your favorite herbs like parsley or basil
- Nutritional yeast - can be subbed with miso paste or soy sauce
I used my vitamix 7500 blender which I love. Any blender works for this recipe.
Storage instructions for creamy sweet potato and red pepper soup
The soup can be stored in a sealed container in your fridge for up to 3 days.
Other vegan soups to try
If you make this Vegan Roasted Red Pepper Sweet Potato Soup with Almond Butter, please leave me a rating and review on this blog post. This is the best way to support me!
Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!Print
Vegan Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Sweet Potato Soup with Almond Butter
This Vegan Creamy Red Pepper Sweet Potato Soup with Almond Butter is a delicious vegan soup recipe.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 45
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: dinner
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: american
This makes 2 servings of soup
- 2 cups cubed sweet potato
- 1 red bell pepper - cut in half
- ½ sweet yellow onion - quartered
- 1 bulb garlic - top cut off
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- ¼ cup almond butter
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ½-1 teaspoon salt (adjust to your preference)
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp harissa paste
- black pepper to taste
- juice from ½ lemon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Add garlic, red bell pepper, onion and sweet potato to a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Roast for 40-45 minutes until everything is browned and cooked through.
- Add cooked garlic cloves (removed from bulb), pepper, onion and sweet potato to a blender along with the rest of the soup ingredients. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Divide out soup and serve.
Keywords: Vegan Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Sweet Potato Soup with Almond Butter
Leave a Reply