The Texas weather has been very out of character lately. Even though it is only November, it has been in the 30s and raining. This weather has me craving all the healthy soup recipes and my latest creation is this Vegan Japanese Sweet Potato Soup with Spinach and Rosemary.
Let's get into the recipe.
This japanese sweet potato soup is
- easy to make
- healthy for you
- high in protein thanks to the hemp seeds
- roasted and then made in your blender
- creamy and delicious
- creamy without coconut milk or cashews
Ingredients for creamy vegan japanese sweet potato soup
- japanese sweet potato
- vegetable broth
See recipe card for quantities.
Instructions for making roasted sweet potato spinach soup
Step 1: Roast sweet potatoes, shallots and garlic.
Step 2: Add all soup ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
Step 3: Serve soup and enjoy.
- Japanese sweet potato- can be subbed with regular sweet potato
- Rosemary- can be subbed with thyme
- Hemp seeds- can be subbed with cashews
I love my vitamix blender, but any blender works
Storage instructions for japanese sweet potato miso soup
The leftover filling can be stored in a sealed container in your fridge for up to 3 days. Then you can heat up the shells and make the tacos as you please.
Other healthy plant based soup recipes to try
If you make this Japanese Sweet Potato Soup with spinach and rosemary, please leave me a rating and review on this blog post. This is the best way to support me!Print
Japanese Sweet Potato Soup with spinach and rosemary
This Japanese Sweet Potato Soup with spinach and rosemary is a delicious soup recipe.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: dinner
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: american
This makes 2 servings of soup
- 1 large japanese sweet potato - diced
- 1 shallot - quartered
- 4 garlic cloves - peeled
- 4 sprigs rosemary - finely chopped
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- ¼ cup hemp seeds
- 2 tablespoons miso (can sub 1 tbsp soy sauce or additional salt)
- 1 generous handful baby spinach (about a cup)
- juice from ½ lemon
- salt/pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Add sweet potato, shallots and garlic to a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Lightly coat sweet potatoes in oil, a pinch salt and pepper, and rosemary.
- Roast sweet potato, shallots and garlic for 30-35 minutes or until cooked through.
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Serve with your favorite sides. I went with toasted bread.
Keywords: japanese sweet potato soup, sweet potato soup