As spring is approaching I am still craving all of the soup recipes. In my opinion soup is a year around dish. The benefit of the seasons changing is that you can swap out the flavors with seasonal ingredients. This vegan creamy mint pea soup is perfect for spring.
This soup is so simple to make and yet so delicious. It is packed with plant protein thanks to the peas. Cashews add healthy fats and creaminess to this soup. The mint and lemon make this soup taste fresh and springy. However, if you aren't into mint you can sub in your favorite herb. I know you will love this soup!
Let's get into the recipe.
This soup with frozen peas is
- easy to make
- made with healthier ingredients
- plant based, gluten free and dairy free
- full of fiber, veggies and high in protein
- the perfect healthy treat
- Cook garlic, celery and onions in pot.
- Simmer soup until cooked through.
- Blend soup in blender and serve!
Ingredients for vegan high protein soup with cashews
- frozen peas
- vegetable broth
Storage instructions for celery pea soup
The extra soup can be stored in a sealed container in your fridge for up to 3-4 days.
I used my vitamix 7500 series blender for this recipe. I love this blender but you can use any blender.
- Cashews - you can sub in coconut cream, tahini or omit. This just adds creaminess to the soup but is not completely necessary!
- Mint - can be subbed with your favorite herb
Other vegan soups to try
For another delicious soup recipe try my friend Krista's Broccoli Cheddar Soup!
If you make this Vegan Creamy Mint Pea Soup, please leave me a rating and review on this blog post. This is the best way to support me!
Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!
Vegan Creamy Mint Pea Soup
- This makes 2-3 servings of soup
- 1 yellow or sweet onion - diced
- 3 stalks celery - roughly chopped
- 4 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 ~15 ounce bag frozen peas
- 4 cups vegetable broth from 1 32 ounce container
- ⅓ cup cashews sub coconut cream or omit, adds creaminess
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½-1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- black pepper to taste
- juice from ½ lemon
- ⅓ cup chopped mint leaves from 1 small bunch mint
- Heat oil in a large soup pot over medium heat. Add onions and cook for 5 minutes. Add celery and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add all remaining soup ingredients to the pot. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10-15 minutes, until everything is cooked through.
- Add soup to a blender and blend until smooth. Alternatively you can use an immersion blender.
- Let soup cool and serve with your favorite sides and toppings. I recommend toasted sourdough and coconut yogurt.