This Vegan Creamy Pumpkin Tomato Soup without Coconut Milk is perfect for fall. Instead of using coconut milk this soup uses lentils to make the soup creamy. This soup uses simple ingredients and is made on your stove top.
Let's get into the recipe.
This vegan pumpkin tomato soup is
- easy to make
- healthy for you
- perfect for fall
- higher in protein
- full of veggies and fiber
What do I need to make a slow cooker vegan pumpkin soup?
- pumpkin puree
- crushed tomatoes
- vegetable broth
- red lentils
- maple syrup
- nutritional yeast
Other vegan soup recipes to try
If you make this Slow Cooker Vegan Pumpkin Tomato Soup (high protein), please leave me a rating and review on this blog post. This is the best way to support me!
Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!Print
Vegan Creamy Pumpkin Tomato Soup without Coconut Milk
This makes 3-4 servings of soup
- 1 small sweet onion - finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves - minced
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 23 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup red lentils
- 1 cup basil - finely chopped
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp salt + more to taste
- 1 tsp black pepper + more to taste
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Add garlic and onion to a pot with a splash of oil. Sautee for ~8 minutes until softened.
- Add all remaining ingredients to the pot. Bring soup to a boil and then lower to a simmer. Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes until lentils have softened.
- Once soup is done cooking, blend with an immersion blender until smooth. Alternatively you can add soup to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve soup with your favorite toppings and sides.