I have been so into making all the healthy soups lately. It is so fun to mix up the flavors of the soups. This Vegan Cauliflower and Tahini Soup is so good and my latest recipe.
Let's get into the recipe.
Why you will love this vegan garlic soup
- It is easy to make.
- It is healthy for you and packed with vegetables.
- It is plant based, gluten free and dairy free.
- Thanks to the garlic and tahini it is packed with flavor.
- cauliflower - Cauliflower is the base for the soup.
- onion - Onion is a must in soup for flavor.
- garlic - Garlic is a must in soup for flavor.
- vegetable broth - Vegetable broth is the base, you can use any broth.
- tahini - Tahini adds creaminess.
- miso - Miso adds umami flavor.
- paprika - Paprika adds spice and depth of flavor.
- cumin - Cumin adds spice and depth of flavor.
- lemon - Lemon adds acidity.
See recipe card for quantities.
Instructions for roasted garlic cauliflower soup
1.) Add garlic, cauliflower and onion to a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Bake for 40-45 minutes.
2.) Add veggies to a blender with all remaining ingredients. Blend until smooth.
3.) Pour out soup and serve.
- Tahini - can be subbed with cashew butter but this will alter the flavor.
- Miso - can be subbed with 1 teaspoon salt.
I used my Vitamix blender for this recipe which I love. It is an investment piece but my last Vitamix lasted over 10 years!
The leftover soup can be stored in a sealed container in your fridge for up to 3 days.
Use a good quality tahini for the best tasting soup. I love Soom foods Tahini.
This makes 2-3 servings of soup. You could possible stretch it 4 ways but the portion sizes will be small.
Tahini is made out of ground up sesame seeds.
Other soup recipes to try
If you make this Vegan Cauliflower and Tahini Soup, please leave me a rating and review on this blog post. This is the best way to support me!
Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!
Vegan Cauliflower and Tahini Soup
- ½ sweet onion - cut in half
- 1 small bulb garlic - top cut off
- 1 small head cauliflower - cut into florets
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- ¼ cup tahini
- juice from ½ lemon
- 1 tablespoon miso paste can sub 1 teaspoon salt if you can't find this
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- salt/pepper to taste
- +fresh chopped chives or another herb for topping
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Add garlic, cauliflower and onion to a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Roast for 40-45 minutes until everything is softened and cooked through.
- Add cauliflower, onion and garlic to a blender with the remaining soup ingredients. Blend until smooth.
- Serve soup with your favorite toppings and sides.