Baked Breakfast Egg Taco Cups - a delicious healthy prepable breakfast. These taco cups are so good and get crispy in the oven. They can be made ahead of time so you can grab and eat them the next day.
Why you'll love this recipe
It is easy to make and ready in less than 10 minutes.
No extensive cleanup for this recipe, it is made in a muffin tin.
It is vegetarian and can be made gluten free.
Thanks to the eggs this recipe is high in protein.
- tortillas - Use corn tortillas if you are gluten free.
- eggs - Eggs are the protein source.
- cheese - Cheese adds umami flavor.
- sriracha - Sriracha adds spice but this can be omitted.
- avocado - Avocado adds healthy fats.
See the recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.
- cheese - You can use vegan cheese omit it.
Add taco shells to muffin tin, top with egg and cheese. Bake until set.
Top taco shells with sriracha and avocado and serve.
You can store the extra dip in a sealed container in your fridge for up to 5 days.
You need a muffin tin for this recipe. I like to use a silicone muffin tin because it is easy to pop out the egg cups.
Use a good quality cheese and high quality eggs for the best tasting tacos.
Make sure to warm your tortillas before adding them to the muffin tin.
Having 2 eggs gives you 12 grams of protein, so 3 eggs is even better with 18 grams of protein.
Yes! Eggs are an extremely nutritious food.
Other breakfast recipes to try
If you make these Crispy Baked Breakfast Egg Taco Cups, please leave me a rating and review on this blog post. This is the best way to support me! Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!
Subscribe to my weekly newsletter to get my latest recipes straight to your inbox.
Crispy Baked Breakfast Egg Taco Cups
- 3 taco tortillas corn or flour is fine
- 3 eggs
- 1-3 tablespoons shredded cheese
- 1-3 teaspoons Sriracha or salsa
- ¼ avocado sliced - optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Warm tortillas and add them to a greased or silicone muffins tin. Crack eggs over each tortilla. Top each egg cup with cheese and bake for 18-23 minutes, until set.
- Carefully remove egg cups from muffin tin and top with sriracha and avocado.