Spinach Artichoke Egg Bars - the perfect meal prep breakfast. They are packed with veggies, fiber and protein. They are also made in one bowl and are extremely easy to make. This is a delicious vegetarian breakfast recipe that can also be made gluten free.
For another yummy egg based recipe try my pizza fried egg.
Why you'll love this recipe
It is the perfect breakfast, lunch or snack.
Thanks to the eggs and cheese this recipe is full of protein.
No more skipping breakfast, this recipe is the perfect prep ahead meal.
- eggs - Eggs pack this recipe with protein.
- artichokes - Artichokes add fiber and veggies.
- garlic - Garlic adds flavor.
- spinach - Spinach adds veggies.
- spelt flour - Spelt flour makes the bars fluffy.
- basil - Basil adds herby undertones.
- cheddar - Cheddar is essential for spinach artichoke.
- paprika - Paprika adds extra flavor.
- baking powder - Baking powder helps to make the bars fluffy.
See the recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.
- Cheddar- can use any shredded cheese or a dairy free cheese.
- Spelt flour- can be subbed with all purpose flour or all purpose gluten free.
- Basil - can be subbed with parsley.
Mix together egg bar ingredients.
Bake egg bars.
Cut and serve.
You can store the extra egg bars in a sealed container in your fridge for up to 4 days.
Use good quality eggs and cheese for the best tasting bars.
Each bar has 1.3 eggs. I ate 2 bars for lunch but it depends how hungry you are?
Yes! Eggs are full of vitamins, protein and healthy fats. Eggs are also high in leucine which is great for muscle building.
Other breakfast recipes to try
If you make this Spinach and Artichoke Egg Bars, please leave me a rating and review on this blog post. This is the best way to support me! Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!
Subscribe to my weekly newsletter to get my latest recipes delivered to your inbox.
Spinach and Artichoke Egg Bars
- 8 eggs
- 1 ~10 ounce jar artichokes - drained and finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 5 ounce clamshell spinach
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon spelt flour sub all purpose or all purpose gluten free
- ½ cup basil - finely chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½-1 teaspoon salt
- to taste black pepper
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and spinach and cook until the spinach is wilted.
- Add cooked spinach and garlic to a mixing bowl along with the rest of the ingredients. Mix until combined.
- Add egg batter to an 8x8 baking dish lined with parchment paper. Bake for 25-35 minutes. You want the center to be set and not gooey. I have an old apartment oven and baked mine for 35 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes. Cut into 6 evenly sized bars and serve.