Pizza Fried Egg on a Tortilla - a delicious and easy to make healthy breakfast or lunch. This tastes like a mini breakfast pizza it is so delicious. I made two for lunch and I was so happy. This recipe takes less than 15 minutes to make and requires less than 10 ingredients.
Eggs are super nutritious for you and packed with vitamins and protein. I eat eggs pretty much every day usually for lunch.
For another delicious egg based recipe try my shakshouka egg salad.
Why you'll love this recipe
It is easy to make and ready in less than 15 minutes.
Pizza lovers rejoice, this recipe is like a mini breakfast pizza.
It is the perfect healthy meatless breakfast or lunch.
The recipe is vegetarian, high in protein and can be made gluten free.
- egg - This is the protein source in our recipe.
- basil - Basil provides fresh pizza flavor.
- oregano - Oregano adds more pizza flavor.
- mozzarella - This is essential for a cheesy pizza.
- red pepper flakes - These add spice but can be omitted.
- tortilla - This is the base for our pizza egg.
See the recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.
- basil - can be subbed with parsley
Fry egg with cheese and tomato sauce.
Add egg to a tortilla, add toppings and dig in.
Use a good quality mozzarella and tomato sauce for the best flavor.
I recommend buying pasture raised eggs if you have access to them. They have more flavor and nutrients. I buy mine from the farmers market.
Use fresh basil for the best tasting egg.
I do not recommend storing this recipe.
I like avocado oil because it has a high smoke point.
This recipe is not vegan because it uses both eggs and dairy. However it is a vegetarian recipe.
If you want a gluten free tortilla don't use a flour tortilla. Corn or other grain alternative flours are gluten free.
Other breakfast recipes
If you make this Pizza Fried Egg on a Tortilla, please leave me a rating and review on this blog post. This is the best way to support me! Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!
Pizza Fried Egg on a Tortilla
- 1 egg
- 2-3 tablespoons shredded mozarella
- 2-3 tablespoons marinara sauce or pizza sauce
- 2 tablespoons basil - finely chopped
- pinch red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- to taste salt
- to taste black pepper
- 1 tortilla I used Siete chickpea
- Add a splash of oil to a skillet over medium high heat. Add mozzarella cheese in a circle formation. Add pasta sauce to the center of the circle. Crack an egg and add it to the top of the circle.
- Cover and cook egg until desired level of cooked is achieved. Add egg to a warm tortilla and top with oregano, basil, salt and pepper.