This Shakshouka Egg Salad will be your new favorite egg salad recipe. This is by no means an authentic recipe, but it is full of shakshouka flavors. I added tomato sauce to the yogurt and lots of fresh herbs and shakshouka inspired flavors.
Why you'll love this recipe
It is easy to make and no bake.
It is the perfect healthy lunch.
The recipe is vegetarian, high protein and gluten free.
Mix together yogurt mixture.
Mix together egg salad.
Stuff egg salad in pita and top with avocado.
- bell pepper
- marinara sauce
- black pepper
- chili powder
You can store the extra egg salad in a sealed container in your fridge for up to 4 days.
You just need a cutting board for this recipe.
What eggs do I use?
I buy pasture raised eggs from my local farmers market. Pasture raised eggs are the most nutritious eggs you can buy. I also have found they are a lot cheaper at the farmers market.
- cilantro - can sub more parsley
- parsley - can sub more cilantro
- yogurt - can be subbed with mayo, use less salt if you use mayo
- feta - can use vegan feta or omit
Other egg recipes
If you make this Shakshouka Egg Salad, please leave me a rating and review on this blog post. This is the best way to support me!
Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!
Shakshouka Egg Salad (dairy free)
- 6 hard boiled eggs
- 1 red bell pepper - finely chopped
- ⅓ cup unsweetened coconut or greek yogurt
- ¼ cup marinara sauce tomato sauce or tomato puree
- 2 garlic cloves - grated or minced
- black pepper to taste
- salt to taste
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ cup finely chopped parsley
- ¼ cup finely chopped cilantro
- ½ block feta - crumbled
- +2-3 pitas or bread of choice makes enough for 2-3 sandwiches - gluten free if needed
- +optional avocado for topping
- Add black pepper, salt, cumin, paprika, chili powder, yogurt, tomato sauce and garlic to a bowl, mix until smooth.
- Add eggs, bell pepper, parsley, cilantro and yogurt mixture to a box and mix until fully combined.
- Serve egg salad in pita and top with avocado if using.