My favorite sweet snack is a juicy date topped with tahini and dark chocolate. So, I knew I had to make an actual dessert out of it. These Vegan No Bake Tahini Oatmeal Date bars with Dark Chocolate are my new favorite easy dessert recipe.
These bars only have 5 ingredients, are easy to make and are no bake.
Let's get into the recipe.
Why you'll love this recipe
- It is vegan, gluten free and dairy free.
- No laundry list of ingredients here, it is made with only 5 ingredients.
- It is insanely easy to make and no bake.
- Thanks to the oats, dark chocolate and dates this recipe is healthy for you and high in fiber.
- coconut oil
- rolled oats
- dark chocolate
Substitutions for no bake oatmeal bars
- Tahini - can be subbed with another drippy nut butter. If your nut butter is really thick add more coconut oil.
You need a food processor or small blender for this recipe. I love my Cuisinart food processor.
Blend together dates, coconut oil, tahini and oats.
Press tahini, date and oat mixture into a baking dish.
Melt dark chocolate and pour over date mixture.
Refrigerate until set and dig in.
These can be stored in a sealed container or bag in your freezer for months, or your refrigerator for about a week.
Make sure your dates are nice and soft before you blend them. You can either soak them in water for 10 minutes or microwave them for 30 seconds to soften.
A good quality dark chocolate will make this recipe, I love Hu gems.
Soom foods makes the best tahini and I highly recommend it for this recipe.
Dates are full of fiber and antioxidants. They are also naturally sweet.
Dark chocolate is full of antioxidants and lower in sugar and fat making it a healthy treat.
Other easy vegan dessert recipes
If you make these Vegan No Bake Tahini Oatmeal Date bars with Dark Chocolate please leave me a rating and review on this blog post. This is the best way to support me!
Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!
Vegan No Bake Tahini Oatmeal Date bars with Dark Chocolate
- Add tahini, dates, oatmeal and coconut oil to a food processor. Blend until a paste forms. I had to scrape down the sides of my food processor several times.
- Line an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper. Press tahini mixture into the baking dish.
- Melt together dark chocolate and coconut oil. I melted mine in the microwave at 30 second intervals for about 90 seconds.
- Spread melted chocolate over tahini date mixture.
- Freeze bars for 20-30 minutes, or refrigerate for 3 hours until hardened. Bars can be stored in the refrigerator or freezer. Top with flaky sea salt if using.