Tahini Maple Syrup Chocolate Chip Cookies (gluten free & vegan)
My boyfriend asked me to make a "normal" chocolate chip cookie and these Tahini Maple Syrup Chocolate Chip Cookies (gluten free & vegan) are where I landed. And not to be dramatic - but these are my favorite cookies I have ever made.
I was nervous about only using maple syrup as a sweetener, but the texture and flavor of these cookies is divine. These cookies - per the usual of my baking recipes - are super easy to make as well. You only need one bowl and ~10 ingredients to make them.
These vegan tahini chocolate chip cookies are
- gluten free
- refined sugar free
- easy to make
Are these cookies healthy?
These cookies are made with no refined sugar and healthier high fiber flours so they are much healthier than your average cookies. Since they also are made with healthy fats, they will not spike your blood sugar as much as your typical cookie. So yes, these are healthy cookies!
What do I need for this tahini maple syrup chocolate chip cookies?
- flax seeds
- maple syrup
- vanilla extract
- oat flour
- almond flour
- baking soda
- baking powder
- chocolate chips
Other healthy plant based cookie recipes to try
If you try these Tahini Maple Syrup Chocolate Chip Cookies (gluten free & vegan) please leave me a rating and review on this blog post, this is the best way to support me!
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 flax egg ( 1 tbsp ground flax + 3 tbsp water)
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup cold drippy tahini (refrigerated)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup + 3 tbsp oat flour
- ⅓ cup almond flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Make your flax egg by mixing flax and water. Let the "egg" sit refrigerated for 10-30 minutes to set.
- In a large bowl mix together your wet ingredients including the flax egg. Pour in dry ingredients except for the chocolate chips and mix. Lastly fold in the chocolate chips.
- On a lined sheet pan form 8-10 evenly sized cookies - using about 1 ½ tablespoon worth of dough per cookie. I recommend wetting your hands before forming the cookies as the dough is sticky.
- Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes. Let cool and top with additional flaky salt if desired.