I am a huge cookie lover. They are by far my favorite thing to bake. These sweet potato oatmeal chocolate chip cookies (vegan) are my latest cookie recipe and they are so good. If you are a lazy baker like me you will love these cookies, they're made in one bowl and require no chilling of the dough. The best!
I love baking with sweet potato. For another delicious sweet potato recipe try my sweet potato oatmeal bars.
Why you'll love this recipe
It is easy to make and made in one bowl.
These cookies are made with healthier for you ingredients and are refined sugar free.
These cookies are is vegan, vegetarian, high in protein and gluten free.
Add wet ingredients to a bowl and mix until combined.
Pour in dry ingredients and mix again.
Fold in chocolate chips.
Add cookies to a sheet pan and bake.
Let cool and dig in!
- sweet potato
- coconut sugar
- maple syrup
- almond butter
- oat flour
- almond flour
- baking powder
- baking soda
- chocolate chips
The extra cookies can be stored in a sealed container in your fridge for up to 4 days.
You just need your oven for this recipe.
Can I use peanut butter instead of almond butter in this recipe?
Yes, any creamy and thick nut butter works. Do not use tahini because it is too oily.
What does almond butter do in baking?
It serves as a binder and adds healthy fats to recipes.
- maple syrup - can be subbed with honey (honey is not vegan)
- coconut sugar - can be subbed with brown sugar
- DO NOT sub out the flours this will alter the recipe drastically
Other vegan cookies to try
If you make these Sweet potato oatmeal chocolate chip cookies (vegan), please leave me a rating and review on this blog post. This is the best way to support me!
Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you
Sweet potato oatmeal chocolate chip cookies (vegan)
- ⅓ cup cooked and cooled sweet potato
- ½ cup almond butter
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup almond flour
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoon oat flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ~½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add all wet ingredients to a bowl. Mix until just combined with a spatula. Pour in dry ingredients except for chocolate chips. Mix until just combined. Lastly fold in your chocolate chips.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Form 8-10 evenly sized cookies. The dough is very sticky so I recommend working quickly and with wet hands
- Bake cookies for 12-14 minutes.
- Let cool for at least 10 minutes and enjoy. Store cookies in a sealed container in your fridge for up to 4 days or in your freezer for 3 months.