Introducing Halloumi and Chickpea Tacos with Cucumber Salsa - your new favorite taco recipe. These mediterranean tacos are vegetarian and healthy for you. They are easy to make and topped with the best cucumber sun-dried tomato salsa.
Why you'll love this recipe
It's full of flavor thanks to the sun-dried tomato, hummus and herbs.
These tacos are perfect for a healthy vegetarian dinner.
This recipe is healthy, vegetarian, gluten free and can be made vegan.
Cover chickpeas and halloumi in spices and bake.
Mix together salsa.
Assemble tacos and dig in!
- black pepper
- garlic powder
- sun dried tomatoes
- red onion
- taco shells
The extra taco filling and salsa can be stored in a sealed container in your fridge for up to 3 days.
You just need your oven and a sheet pan for this recipe.
Can I make these tacos vegan?
Yes, you can omit the halloumi or sub it with vegan feta.
Where can I buy halloumi?
Most grocery stores carry halloumi, I got mine from whole foods.
- halloumi - can be subbed with feta (vegan or regular), but if you do this add the feta at the end and do not bake it
- dill - can be subbed with parsley
Other taco recipes
If you make these Halloumi and Chickpea Tacos with Cucumber Salsa, please leave me a rating and review on this blog post. This is the best way to support me!
Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!
Halloumi and Chickpea Tacos with Cucumber Salsa
- 1 block halloumi - cubed
- 1 can chickpeas - drained
- 1 teaspoon za'atar
- pinch salt
- pinch black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 pack or small jar between 3-5 ounces of sun dried tomatoes - finely chopped
- 1 ¼ cups diced cucumber
- ¼ cup finely chopped dill
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ small red onion - finely chopped
- pinch salt/pepper
- Other ingredients
- 6 taco shells of choice
- hummus of choice I used about ¼ of a container
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Add chickpeas and halloumi to a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Toss in oil and spices. Bake for 25-35 minutes, until chickpeas and halloumi are crisp.
- Add all salsa ingredients to a bowl and mix together.
- Spread an even layer of hummus on each taco shell. Top with chickpea and halloumi mixture and salsa. Dig in and enjoy.