Roasted Sweet Potato Feta Soup with rosemary - a delicious fall or winter soup. This soup is so good and simple to make. It is ready in 40 or so minutes but most of that time is hands off as it is a sheet pan soup.
Why you'll love this recipe
It is easy to make and made on a sheet pan.
It is vegetarian, gluten free and can be made vegan.
Thanks to the feta this soup is creamy and higher in protein.
It is perfect the perfect healthy fall dinner.
- sweet potato - Sweet potato adds sweet fall flavor.
- feta - Feta makes the soup so creamy.
- shallot - Shallot adds umami flavor.
- olive oil - Olive oil
- broth - I used vegetable broth to keep this soup vegetarian.
- rosemary - Rosemary adds warm herby flavor.
See the recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.
- Sweet potato - can be subbed with butternut squash.
- Feta - can be subbed with goat cheese.
- Rosemary - can be subbed with thyme.
Roast sweet potatoes, feta and shallot.
Blend together soup.
Serve with your favorite toppings and sides.
You can store the extra soup in a sealed container in your fridge for up to 3-4 days.
Use a good quality feta for the best tasting soup, I like Mt Vikos feta.
No, feta has dairy so it is vegetarian.
Yes you can use vegan feta. Keep in mind that vegan feta will melt more so the soup will be more liquidy.
Other soups and stews to try
If you make these Roasted Sweet Potato Feta Soup with rosemary, please leave me a rating and review on this blog post. This is the best way to support me! Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!
Subscribe to my weekly newsletter to get my latest recipes straight to your inbox.
Roasted Sweet Potato Feta Soup with rosemary
- 5 cups cubed sweet potato from about 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 shallot peeled
- 1 block feta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 sprig rosemary
- quart vegetable broth
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Add sweet potatoes, feta and shallot to a baking dish or tray. Toss with olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then add the sprig of rosemary. Bake for another 15-20 minutes until sweet potato is soft.
- Add sweet potatoes, feta, rosemary and broth to a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Serve soup with your favorite toppings and sides. I served mine with toasted bread.