My favorite thing about fall is the food, particularly pumpkin anything. I don't have a single pumpkin recipe on the blog and I knew that had to change. This Vegan Pumpkin Banana Bread with Olive oil and Spelt Flour is my first pumpkin bread recipe and it is amazing.
This is a healthier pumpkin bread recipe that still tastes incredible. I was shocked to see that the top pumpkin bread recipes have 2 cups of sugar, this bread has ¼ of that and is plenty sweet. To keep this bread vegan I used olive oil instead of butter and left out the egg. I like to bake with spelt flour because it is a whole grain and has more fiber than all purpose. It also yields a very similar texture to all purpose.
Let's get into the recipe.
This vegan pumpkin banana bread is
- made with healthier ingredients
- easy to make
- perfect for fall
- made in one bowl
- made with less than 10 ingredients
What ingredients do I need to make vegan pumpkin spelt & olive oil bread ?
- pumpkin puree
- olive oil
- maple syrup
- pumpkin spice
- baking powder
- spelt flour
How do I make healthy and vegan pumpkin banana bread?
- Mix together all of your ingredients in a bowl.
- Pour batter into a loaf pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes.
- Let cool and enjoy!
What can I substitute in this vegan pumpkin bread recipe?
- Maple syrup can be subbed for honey or another liquid sweetener
- Olive oil can be subbed for another liquid oil
- Spelt flour can be subbed with all purpose flour or whole wheat, DO NOT SUB ANOTHER FLOUR (:
Storage instructions for leftover pumpkin banana bread?
This bread is SO good so it is doubtful you will have any leftovers. However, if you do you can store the extras in a sealed container/bag in your fridge for 4-5 days or in your freezer for months.
Other fall baking recipes to try
If you make this Vegan Pumpkin Banana Bread with Olive oil and Spelt Flour please leave me a rating and review on this blog post. This is the best way to support me!
Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!Print
Vegan Pumpkin Banana Bread with Olive oil and Spelt Flour
This vegan pumpkin banana bread with olive oil and spelt flour is a delicious and healthy pumpkin bread recipe.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 50
- Total Time: 1 hour
- 2 spotty medium sized bananas - mashed
- ½ cup pumpkin puree (from a can, not pumpkin pie mix)
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ½ cup maple syrup or honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- 2 tsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1 ½ cups spelt flour (can sub all purpose)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add all ingredients to a bowl. Mix until just combined.
- Add batter to a loaf pan lined with parchment paper. Bake for 45-55 minutes, until a knife or toothpick comes out mostly clean. I have a run of the mill oven and baked mine for 50 minutes on the dot.
- Let loaf cool for at least 30 minutes to set. Cut in and enjoy.