These Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Oatmeal Bars (vegan) are a delicious way to utilize bananas in baking.
These bars are so easy to make, you just need one bowl and no mixer is required. They are also made with healthier ingredients and less sugar than most desserts.
Let's get into the recipe.
These vegan banana oatmeal bars are
- easy to make
- healthy for you
- plant based, gluten free and dairy free
- full of healthy fats and fiber
Ingredients for vegan oatmeal chocolate chip bars
- coconut sugar
- maple syrup
- almond butter
- plant milk
- coconut oil
- oat flour
- rolled oats
- chocolate chips
- baking powder
See recipe card for quantities.
Instructions to make gluten free banana oatmeal bars
1.) Add all wet ingredients to a bowl and mix. Pour in dry ingredients and mix. Lastly fold in chocolate chips.
2.) Add batter to an 8x8 baking dish lined with parchment paper.
3.) Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
4.) Let cool, slice and enjoy.
- Almond butter can be subbed with another nut or seed butter. I do not recommend using tahini because it is too liquidy.
- You can omit chocolate chips or sub them with nuts
- Maple syrup can be subbed with honey
- Coconut sugar could be subbed with brown sugar
- I do not recommend subbing the oats or flour
Other healthy treats to try
If you make these Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Oatmeal Bars (vegan), please leave me a rating and review on this blog post. This is the best way to support me!
Tag me on Instagram so I can repost youPrint
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Oatmeal Bars (vegan)
These Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Oatmeal Bars (vegan) are the bars of your dreams.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 25
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 9 1x
- Category: dessert
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: american
- 1 flax eggs (1 tbsp ground flax seeds + 2 ½ tablespoons water)
- 2 medium mashed bananas (they should be brown and spotty)
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ cup almond butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup plant milk
- 1 ½ cups rolled oats
- 1 ¼ cups oat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- ¾-1 cup chocolate chips
- Make your flax eggs by mixing flax with water. Let sit for at least 5 minutes until thickened.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add all wet ingredients to a bowl and mix until just combined. Pour in dry ingredients except for chocolate chips. Mix again until just combined. Lastly fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour dough and spread evenly into an 8x8 baking dish lined with parchment paper.
- Bake bars for 20-28 minutes. I baked mine for 25 minutes, a knife should come out mostly clean when finished cooking.
- Let bars cool for 15 minutes, slice and enjoy. Store the leftover bars in a sealed container in your fridge for up to 5 days, or in your freezer for months.
Keywords: banana bread bars, banana bread, chocolate chip bars
I had two bananas left on the counter and this was the perfect recipe. The bars are delicious and I don't think anything could be better with a cup of coffee. Thank you for sharing!
Thanks for trying and for the review Marissa!
Obsessed with these bars and my family is too! They don’t last long in our house. A perfectly delicious treat without feeling guilty of poor ingredients.
Thank you Stephanie!
Made this over the weekend and wow ! how simple with such clean ingredients !
It is so delish the whole family loved it
Thank you gabriella!
I just made a reel video for this recipe because it was that good! My entire family love these. They are refined sugar free and gut healthy which we love. I have tried many recipes to use up spotty bananas and none have turned out this good. YOU HAVE TO MAKE THESE <3
Whipped these up in minutes. My husband tagged me in the recipe and I always have these ingredients on hand since we bake vegan and most of the time gluten free. Absolutely delish!!
Thank you Alison!
I loved the recipe. Easy to make as well. I adapted it by adding chopped white and dark chocolate as well as chopped walnuts ❤️
Really filling and delicious.
Will go well with a scoop of ice-cream too, maybe for my kids 🤣🤣
Thank you Sharmala!