I have a huge sweet tooth, but if we are being honest I don't like baking. When I do bake, I want the recipe to be super easy to make. This Vegan 5 Ingredient Banana Bread is so easy to make and made with healthier ingredients.
I baked this banana bread with spelt flour, which is such a good alternative to all purpose flour. It has more nutrients but still rises well and is fluffy. This banana bread has much less sugar than your standard banana bread but is still plenty sweet. This is a great recipe to keep on hand for healthy snacks or even breakfast.
Let's get into the recipe.
This recipe is
- easy to make
- healthier for you
- made in one bowl
- made with only 5 ingredients
- made with spelt flour and olive oil
- vegan, plant based, dairy free and egg free
- olive oil
- maple syrup
- spelt flour
- baking powder
- chocolate chips - optional
- vanilla extract - optional
How do I make this spelt flour and olive oil banana bread?
- Add all ingredients to a bowl.
- Mix until smooth.
- Add batter to a loaf pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes.
- Let cool and dig in. So easy!
- spelt flour can be subbed with all purpose flour (can be gf all purpose), DO NOT SUB WITH ANY OTHER FLOURS
- olive oil can be subbed with another liquid oil
- maple syrup can be subbed with honey or another liquid sweetener
Other vegan treats to try
If you make this Vegan 5 Ingredient Banana Bread, please leave me a rating and review on this blog post. This is the best way to support me!
Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!Print
Vegan 5 Ingredient Banana Bread
This vegan 5 ingredient banana bread with spelt flour and olive oil is a delicious and healthy banana bread recipe.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 50
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 9 1x
- Category: dessert
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: american
- 3 spotty bananas - mashed
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup maple syrup or honey
- 1 ½ cup spelt flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together bananas, olive oil, maple syrup, spelt flour and baking powder until smooth. Do not overmix the batter. If you are using chocolate chips, fold those in last.
- Pour batter into a loaf pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until a knife comes out semi clean. I baked mine for 50 minutes on the dot.
- Let bread cool for an hour in the loaf pan before slicing. If you slice the bread before it is cool it will be crumbly.
Keywords: banana bread,vegan 5 ingredient banana bread, vegan banana bread
This recipe is amazing and so easy to make!
this was easy peasy recipe which makes yummiest banana bread!! trust me I am not a baker and this was my first time trying hands at banana bread bcoz my daughter had been craving for it. Omg this Banana bread came out just as it looks in the pictures! bang on! it was perfect the first time!! Thank you so so much Kristi❤️ my daughter just gobbled it in no time! she just loved it!!
Absolutely delicious! I did king Arthur’s GF flour, added walnuts and did a 1/2 cup of chocolate chips. I love the mild sweetness of the bread, it’s so moist. I’m a mom of 6, so this was the best, FAST recipe to make. Perfection.
Thank you Leah!
I tried this recipe with melted coconut oil instead of olive oil and it was delicious! My new go to banana bread recipe.
Thank you catherine!
Hi, I love this recipe! Do you know how many calories are in it? TIA!
Hi katherine, I don't right now but I will add a calorie calculator in soon!