I have a huge sweet tooth, but if we are being honest I don't like baking. When I do bake, I want the recipe to be super easy to make. This Vegan 5 Ingredient Banana Bread is so easy to make and made with healthier ingredients.
I baked this banana bread with spelt flour, which is such a good alternative to all purpose flour. It has more nutrients but still rises well and is fluffy. This banana bread has much less sugar than your standard banana bread but is still plenty sweet. This is a great recipe to keep on hand for healthy snacks or even breakfast.
Let's get into the recipe.
Why you'll love this recipe
- It is easy to make and made in one bowl.
- It made with only 5 ingredients.
- Thanks to the spelt flour, olive oil and lower sugar content it is healthier for you than other banana breads.
- It is vegan, plant based, dairy free and egg free.
- olive oil
- maple syrup
- spelt flour
- baking powder
- chocolate chips - optional
- vanilla extract - optional
How do I make this spelt flour and olive oil banana bread?
- Add all ingredients to a bowl.
- Mix until smooth.
- Add batter to a loaf pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes.
- Let cool and dig in. So easy!
- spelt flour - can be subbed with all purpose flour (can be gf all purpose), DO NOT SUB WITH ANY OTHER FLOURS.
- olive oil - can be subbed with another liquid oil.
- maple syrup - can be subbed with honey or another liquid sweetener.
The extra banana bread can be stored in a sealed container in your fridge for up to 5 days or frozen for up to 3 months.
Olive oil adds moisture and is a healthier alternative to butter.
Yes, bananas are full of fiber and nutrients.
Letting the banana bread cool is crucial to it slicing properly.
Vanilla extract does enhance the flavor but it is not needed.
Other vegan treats to try
If you make this Vegan 5 Ingredient Banana Bread, please leave me a rating and review on this blog post. This is the best way to support me!
Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!
vegan 5 ingredient banana bread
- 3 spotty bananas - mashed
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup maple syrup or honey
- 1 ½ cup spelt flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup chocolate chips optional
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together bananas, olive oil, maple syrup, spelt flour and baking powder until smooth. Do not overmix the batter. If you are using chocolate chips, fold those in last.
- Pour batter into a loaf pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until a knife comes out semi clean. I baked mine for 50 minutes on the dot.
- Let bread cool for an hour in the loaf pan before slicing. If you slice the bread before it is cool it will be crumbly.