Lately I have been noticing how sensitive I am to sugar, so I have been baking less and less these days. However, I do have a sweet tooth so I like to find healthier options that still satisfy my cravings. These Brownie Batter Bliss Balls with Cacao and Dates (vegan) are the perfect healthy way to satisfy a sweet craving.
These bliss balls have no added sugar and are only sweetened with dates. They are also ridiculously easy to make.
Let's get into the recipe.
These chocolate brownie bliss balls are
- no bake
- filled with healthy fats
- packed with antioxidants
- added sugar free - they're only sweetened with dates!
- SO easy to make
- vegan, dairy free, gluten free
What ingredients do I need to make cacao brownie bliss balls?
- almond butter
- coconut oil
- oat flour
What can I substitute in this healthy brownie bliss ball recipe?
- Almond butter can be subbed with another thick nut butter like cashew, I don't recommend using tahini as it is too liquidy. Sunbutter is a good option if you are allergic to nuts.
Storage instructions for no sugar added bliss balls
The extra bliss balls can be stored in your fridge in a sealed container for up to ~5 days. They could also probably be frozen and thawed as needed but I haven't tried this.
Other yummy and easy plant based treats
If you make these Brownie Batter Bliss Balls with Cacao and Dates (vegan), please leave me a rating and review. This is the best way to support me!
Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!
Brownie Batter Bliss Balls with Cacao and Dates (vegan)
- 1 cup tightly packed dates about 16 dates - soaked in water for 5 minutes to soften
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- ¼ cup almond butter sub another thick nut butter like sunbutter or cashew butter
- 1-2 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 3 tablespoon oat flour
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and process until mixture is fully combined and smooth. I had to scrape the sides down of my processor a few times.
- Roll "batter" into 9-10 evenly sized balls. Refrigerate for 10-15 minutes to set. Top with cacao nibs (optional) and dig in.