I love matcha, and I love chia pudding, so why not combine the two? This Matcha Chia Pudding with Protein (Vegan) is perfect for the matcha and chia pudding lovers. This recipe is incredibly easy to make. I love to prep it the night before for breakfast.
This chia pudding takes 5 minutes to assemble and 1 hour to set. I added protein powder for an extra protein boost. It is perfect for breakfast or as a high protein snack.
Let's get into the recipe.
Why you'll love this recipe
- It is high in protein and fiber.
- It is super healthy for you
- It makes the perfect for breakfast or a snack
- Thanks to the matcha it is packed with antioxidants
- It is vegan, gluten free, dairy free and plant based
- Plant milk - Plant milk is our liquid base.
- Chia seeds - Chia seeds are the base of this recipe.
- vegan protein - Any vanilla protein works here.
- matcha - Matcha adds antioxidants and a caffeine boost.
- maple syrup - Maple syrup adds sweetness.
Add all ingredients to a jar and mix until combined.
Refrigerate for at least one hour and serve.
- Plant milk - You can use any plant milk or even non-dairy milk. I like almond milk.
- Maple syrup - Honey can be subbed here.
Frequently Asked Questions
The KEY to a good matcha latte is using a high quality ceremonial grade matcha. Ceremonial grade matcha is not bitter or fishy like some of the cheaper brands. It has a rich smooth taste. My favorite is Matcha Kari morning ritual matcha which you can use code avocadoskillet for 20% off. I like this matcha because it is organic and has a good taste.
Yes! Matcha is packed with antioxidants. It is also high in EGCG which has been linked to cancer fighting properties. It also has the amino acid l-theanine which helps mitigate any of the jitters from the caffeine.
My favorites are Truvani, Ritual, and sprout living.
For the best deal on Chia Seeds go to Costco. They are legitimately half the price here than they are at a regular grocery store.
Stir your chia pudding after 5 minutes to prevent clumps.
Other matcha goodies to try
If you make this Matcha Chia Pudding with Protein (Vegan), please leave me a rating and review on this blog post. This is the best way to support me!
Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!
matcha chia pudding with protein
- 1 cup plant milk
- 2 ½ tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 scoop vanilla protein use vegan protein if desired
- 1-2 teaspoon maple syrup optional
- 1 teaspoon matcha
- Mix together all ingredients in a jar or bowl. Add to the refrigerator, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight. Stir chia pudding after 5 minutes.
- Top chia pudding with desired toppings and enjoy.