Spicy Maple Salmon Bites with Broccoli - a delicious one sheet pan salmon recipe. The hot maple sauce is so flavorful and perfect for fall. It is ready in less than 30 minutes and super simple to make.
Why you'll love this recipe
It is easy to make and ready in less than 30 minutes.
No extensive cleanup for this recipe, it is made on one sheet pan.
It is pescatarian and can be made gluten free.
Thanks to the salmon this recipe is high in protein.
It is perfect the perfect healthy dinner for fall.
Ingredients for hot maple salmon bites
- salmon - Salmon is our base, I love wild caught salmon.
- hot sauce - Hot sauce makes the sauce spicy.
- maple syrup - Maple syrup adds a fall sweetness to the sauce.
- soy sauce - Soy sauce adds umami flavor.
- rice vinegar - Vinegar adds acidity.
- garlic - Garlic is a must for flavor.
- olive oil - Olive oil adds some healthy fats and
- broccoli - Broccoli is our veggie here.
- rice (optional) - Rice adds some healthy carbs but you can use whatever grain you want or omit it.
- cilantro (optional) - Cilantro adds fresh herby flavor.
See the recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.
- maple syrup - This can be subbed with honey.
- broccoli - This can be subbed with any vegetable you like with varying cooking times.
- hot sauce - This can be subbed with sriracha.
Mix together hot maple sauce.
Bake salmon and broccoli.
Serve and enjoy!
You can store the extra salmon in a sealed container in your fridge for up to 1 day.
For the best tasting salmon buy frozen salmon filets. Any "fresh" salmon you purchase in the store has been previously frozen, any time the salmon is left out thawing makes the fish taste much fishier. I love wild alaskan co salmon, you can use code avocadoskillet for 20% off your first box here.
Yes, wild caught salmon is lower in fat and higher in essential minerals than farm raised.
I think salmon gets so much more flavorful when it is cut into bites. This is because the smaller pieces absorb more flavor. This really cuts down on any fishy taste.
Feel free to use any veggies you want, just keep in mind cooking times will vary.
Other easy healthy dinners to try
If you make these Spicy Maple Salmon Bites with Broccoli, please leave me a rating and review on this blog post. This is the best way to support me!
Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!
Subscribe to my weekly newsletter to get my latest recipes straight to your inbox.
Spicy Maple Salmon Bites with Broccoli
- 1 piece salmon - cut into cubes (preferably wild caught)
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- ½-1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ½ tablespoon soy sauce
- ½ tablespoon rice vinegar apple cider vinegar works
- 1 clove garlic - grated
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 head broccoli
- 2 teaspoons oil
- pinch salt
- pinch black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup cooked grain of choice
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix together hot sauce, vinegar, soy sauce, maple syrup and garlic.Pour sauce over salmon bites and let sit for at least 10 minutes.
- While salmon is marinating, add broccoli to a sheet pan. Toss with oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Toss salmon with paprika, salt, pepper and olive oil. Add to the sheet pan with the broccoli. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Serve salmon and broccoli with your favorite grain and dig in.