Spicy Tuna Salad Hand Rolls - a lazy girl (or guy) sushi recipe. It comes together in about 15 minutes and requires no actual cooking. It is also high in protein. This recipe is also super budget friendly.
For another sushi inspired recipe try my sushi salad.
Why you'll love this recipe
It is easy to make and requires no cooking.
It is pescatarian, dairy free and gluten free.
It comes together in 15 minutes or less.
It is a budget friendly at home sushi recipe.
- Tuna - Tuna is the base for our spicy tuna mixture.
- Sriracha - Sriracha adds the spice in this recipe.
- Mayo - Mayo is the base but if you don't like it you can sub in greek yogurt.
- Rice vinegar - Vinegar adds acidity.
- Soy sauce - Soy sauce adds saltiness and umami flavor.
- Rice - Rice is a must have for sushi.
- Avocado - Avocado adds creaminess and healthy fats.
- Cucumber - Cucumber adds crunch.
- Seaweed - Seaweed is what we are going to use to wrap up the sushi.
See the recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.
- Sriracha - can be subbed with chili sauce or hot sauce
- Mayo - can be subbed with greek yogurt (if you do this add more salt or soy sauce)
Add all tuna salad ingredients to a bowl and mix.
Add filling to seaweed and roll.
Serve and enjoy!
You can store the extra tuna in a sealed container in your fridge for up to 3 days.
Use a good quality mayo for best results, Chosen Foods makes a delicious avocado oil mayo.
A hand roll is a cone shaped individual serving of sushi. This recipe is not a traditional hand roll.
The primary distinction between these two sushi varieties lies in the fact that maki rolls are cylindrical rolls sliced into bite-sized pieces, while temaki consists of hand-rolled cones or logs intended to be bitten into.
Yes tuna is full of protein and vitamins. Since it does have a higher mercury content you should not consume it every day.
Other easy healthy dinners
If you make these Spicy Tuna Salad Hand Rolls, please leave me a rating and review on this blog post. This is the best way to support me! Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!
Subscribe to my weekly newsletter to get my latest recipes delivered to your inbox.
Spicy Tuna Salad Hand Rolls
- 2 cans tuna - drained and partially mashed
- 1 bunch scallions
- 1 clove garlic - minced
- ½ teaspoon grated ginger
- ¼ cup mayo
- 3 tablespoons sriracha
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari use tamari if gluten free
- 1 cucumber - cut in half and sliced into thin pieces
- ¼-1/2 avocado thinly sliced
- 2-3 pieces big seaweed sheets - cut in half
- ¾ cup cooked sushi rice
- Add all tuna salad ingredients to a bowl and mix together until combined.
- Lay down seaweed vertically on a cutting board. Put a thin layer and line of tuna on the short side of the seaweed wrap leaving a small gap at the top. Add about 2 tablespoons of rice. Top with 2-3 slices of cucumber and avocado. Roll and repeat for each hand roll that you are making.