Baked Honey Garlic Salmon Bites with Honeynut Squash - a delicious one sheet pan salmon recipe. The honey garlic sauce is so flavorful and tastes amazing with the salmon. I love making salmon bites because they get so much more juicy and flavorful than full filets of salmon.
Why you'll love this recipe
It is easy to make and ready in less than 30 minutes.
No extensive cleanup for this recipe, it is made on one sheet pan.
It is pescatarian and can be made gluten free.
Thanks to the salmon this recipe is high in protein.
It is perfect the perfect healthy dinner for fall.
- honey - Honey makes our sauce nice and sweet and tastes so good with the salmon.
- soy sauce - This adds rich umami flavor to our sauce.
- garlic - Garlic is a must.
- lemon - Lemon adds acidity.
- salmon - Salmon is our protein for this recipe.
- paprika - Paprika flavors our salmon.
- honeynut squash - Honeynut squash is sweet than butternut and tastes so good with the salmon.
- bok choy - Bok choy is seasonal in the fall and is full of nutrients like vitamin a and c.
- garlic powder - Garlic powder flavors our veggies.
See the recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.
- honey - can be subbed with maple syrup
- honeynut squash - can be subbed with about 1 cup cubed sweet potato or butternut squash
Mix together honey garlic sauce.
Toss salmon in sauce and spices and let marinate.
Bake squash, then bake salmon and bok choy.
Serve and enjoy!
You can store the extra salmon in a sealed container in your fridge for up to 1 day.
For the best tasting salmon buy frozen salmon filets. Any "fresh" salmon you purchase in the store has been previously frozen, any time the salmon is left out thawing makes the fish taste much fisher. I love Costco wild salmon, not only is it a great deal it also tastes great.
Yes, wild caught salmon is lower in fat and higher in essential minerals than farm raised.
I think salmon gets so much more flavorful when it is cut into bites. This is because the smaller pieces absorb more flavor. This really cuts down on any fishy taste.
Feel free to use any veggies you want, just keep in mind cooking times will vary.
Other healthy dinners to try
If you make these Baked Honey Garlic Salmon Bites with Honeynut squash, please leave me a rating and review on this blog post. This is the best way to support me! Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!
Subscribe to my weekly newsletter to get my latest recipes straight to your inbox.
Baked Honey Garlic Salmon Bites with Honeynut Squash
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 cloves garlic - minced or grated
- juice from ½ lemon
- 2 filets wild caught salmon - cubed filets should be individually sized
- pinch salt
- pinch black pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil can sub butter or olive oil
- 1 honeynut squash - cubed
- 4 heads baby bok choy
- 1 ½ tablespoons oil divided
- 1 teaspoon salt divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder divided
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix together honey garlic sauce. Add salmon bites to a bowl and pour sauce over them. Toss to combine and marinate for at least 15 minutes.
- Add honey nut squash to a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Toss in ½ tablespoon oil, ½ teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon garlic powder and black pepper to taste.
- Roast honey nut squash for 20 minutes.
- Add bok choy to the sheet pan with the squash and coat with the remaining oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Add salmon to the sheet pan. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until salmon is cooked through.
- Serve with grain of choice (I went with coconut rice) and enjoy.