Harissa Salmon Bite Bowl with Broccoli - a delicious one sheet pan salmon recipe. The harissa sauce is so flavorful. This bowl is ready in 30 minutes and super simple to make. It is also packed with protein.
Why you'll love this recipe
It is easy to make and ready in less than 30 minutes.
No extensive cleanup for this recipe, it is made on one sheet pan.
It is pescatarian and gluten free.
Thanks to the salmon this recipe is high in protein.
It is perfect the perfect healthy dinner.
- salmon - Salmon is our base, I love wild caught salmon.
- greek yogurt- Greek yogurt makes the salmon so moist.
- maple syrup - Maple syrup adds a fall sweetness to the sauce.
- harissa - Harissa adds spice and umami flavor.
- Lemon - Lemon adds acidity.
- garlic - Garlic is a must for flavor.
- za'atar- Za'atar adds spice and depth of flavor.
- broccoli - Broccoli is our veggie here.
- rice (optional) - Rice adds some healthy carbs but you can use whatever grain you want or omit it.
- dill (optional) - Cilantro adds fresh herby flavor.
See the recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.
- maple syrup - This can be subbed with honey.
- broccoli - This can be subbed with any vegetable you like with varying cooking times.
- za'atar - can be subbed with cumin.
Mix together sauce and then let salmon marinate.
Bake salmon and broccoli.
Serve and enjoy!
You can store the extra salmon in a sealed container in your fridge for up to 1 day.
For the best tasting salmon buy frozen salmon filets. Any "fresh" salmon you purchase in the store has been previously frozen, any time the salmon is left out thawing makes the fish taste much fishier. I love Wild Alaskan Co Salmon, you can use code avocadoskillet for 20% off your first box here.
Yes, wild caught salmon is lower in fat and higher in essential minerals than farm raised.
I think salmon gets so much more flavorful when it is cut into bites. This is because the smaller pieces absorb more flavor. This really cuts down on any fishy taste.
Feel free to use any veggies you want, just keep in mind cooking times will vary.
Other easy healthy dinners to try
If you make this Harissa Salmon Bite Bowl with Broccoli, please leave me a rating and review on this blog post. This is the best way to support me!
Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!
Subscribe to my weekly newsletter to get my latest recipes straight to your inbox.
Harissa Salmon Bite Bowl with Broccoli
- 1 piece salmon - cut into bites preferably wild caught
- 1 tablespoon harissa
- 1 tablespoon greek yogurt can sub dairy free if its creamy
- 1 clove garlic - minced
- juice from ½ lemon
- ½ tablespoon maple syrup
- ¼-1/2 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon za'atar
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- black pepper to taste
- 1 small head/serving broccoli broken or cut into florets
- 1 tablespoon oil of choice
- pinch salt
- pinch black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼-1/2 cup cooked rice or grain of choice
- pickled red onions optional
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped mint, dill or herb of choice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix together harissa, garlic, lemon, yogurt and maple syrup. Add in salmon, salt/pepper and spices. Mix together until salmon is fully coated. Marinate for at least 15 minutes.
- While salmon is marinating, add broccoli to a non stick sheet pan or one lined with parchment paper along with oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Bake for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes add salmon to the sheet pan, bake for 10-12* minutes until cooked through.
- Assemble bowl with rice, salmon, herbs, broccoli and red onions (if using). Dig in.