Introducing Buffalo Tempeh Carrot Lettuce Wraps - your new favorite way to eat tempeh. This recipe will convert over even the biggest tempeh hater. This recipe is high in protein and easy to make. The vegan buffalo sauce is to die for.
Why you'll love this recipe
These lettuce wraps are the perfect high protein vegan meal.
This recipe is extremely easy to make and is ready in less than 30 minutes.
This recipe is healthy, vegetarian, vegan and gluten free.
Thanks to the buffalo sauce these lettuce are spicy and flavorful.
Cook your carrots, tempeh and aromatics.
Mix together buffalo sauce.
Add buffalo sauce and scallions to the skillet and cook.
Add filling to lettuce and add your favorite toppings.
- chili powder
- black pepper
- soy sauce
- hot sauce
- rice vinegar
- garlic powder
The lettuce wraps can be stored in a sealed container for up to 48 hours.
You just need your skillet and a stove top for this recipe.
What is tempeh?
Tempeh is a plant based protein source made from fermented soy beans.
- tempeh - can be subbed with tofu or even chickpeas
- soy sauce - can be subbed with liquid aminos
Other high protein vegan recipes
If you make these Buffalo Tempeh Carrot Lettuce Wraps, please leave me a rating and review on this blog post. This is the best way to support me!
Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!Print
Buffalo Tempeh Carrot Lettuce Wraps
These Buffalo Tempeh Carrot Lettuce Wraps are an easy to make and high protein vegan dinner option.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: dinner
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: asian fusion
- Diet: Vegan
- 1 block tempeh - crumbled or cut into very small pieces
- 2 small carrots - finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves - minced
- juice from 1 lime
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- pinch black pepper
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- ½ cup chopped scallions
- ¼ cup hot sauce (I like franks)
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- ½ tablespoon soy sauce
- ½ tablespoon rice vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 4-6 pieces bib, boston, ice berg, little gem or romaine lettuce (I used boston)
- 1-2 teaspoons sesame seeds (optional)
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro (optional)
- ¼-½ avocado - diced (optional)
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add tempeh, garlic, carrot, spices, soy sauce and lime juice. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Whisk together buffalo sauce ingredients.
- Pour buffalo sauce over tempeh mixture along with the scallions. Cook for about 7 more minutes, adding more oil or a splash of water if the pan gets dry.
- Spoon tempeh mixture on lettuce wraps and top with sesame seeds, cilantro and avocado (or other desired toppings).
This makes enough for 4-6 lettuce wraps so about 2 servings.
Keywords: Buffalo Tempeh Carrot Lettuce Wraps, vegan lettuce wraps
Leave a Reply