When I was younger I used to love going to Whole Foods with my mom because we would always get lunch in the prepared foods section. One of my favorite things there was their buffalo tofu! At the time I did not know how to cook for myself so it was a special treat. This Vegan Crispy Baked Buffalo Tofu is a copycat version of my beloved Whole Foods buffalo tofu. It is so good and easy to make.
Let's get into the recipe
Why you'll love this recipe
- It is vegan, vegetarian and gluten free
- It is healthy for you
- The vegan buffalo sauce is packed with flavor
Coat tofu in starches and spices and bake until crisp.
Mix together buffalo sauce.
Mix together tofu with buffalo sauce.
Serve with your favorite toppings and sides and dig in.
- arrowroot powder
- garlic powder
- soy sauce
- hot sauce
- apple cider vinegar
- maple syrup
- soy sauce
Store the leftover tofu in a sealed container in your fridge for up to 3 days.
You just need a sheet pan and your oven for this recipe
Frequently asked questions
Is buffalo sauce vegan?
Usually - no! Buffalo sauce typically has butter or cream in it. This buffalo sauce uses tahini to make the sauce creamy.
What should I eat this buffalo tofu with?
I paired this broccoli but it also goes amazing in a salad or with fresh cucumbers or celery.
What tahini do I use?
I love soom foods tahini.
Other yummy tofu recipes to try
If you make this Vegan Crispy Baked Buffalo Tofu please leave me a rating and review - this is the best way to support me.
Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!Print
Vegan Crispy Baked Buffalo Tofu
This vegan buffalo baked tofu with broccoli is a delicious vegetarian dinner recipe.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: dinner
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: american
- Diet: Vegan
- 1 block tofu - drained, pressed and cubed
- 1 ½ tbsp arrowroot powder/starch or corn starch
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oil of choice
- 1-2 heads broccoli
- 1-2 tablespoon oil of choice
- salt/pepper to taste
Buffalo Sauce - Medium Spicy
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Toss tofu in oil, soy sauce and spices. Pour in starch 1 tablespoon at a time and shake to coat. Lay tofu on a lined sheet pan.
- Roast tofu for 30-35 minutes or until crisped.
- In a bowl, mix together all buffalo sauce ingredients.
- Coat tofu in sauce and serve with your favorite toppings and sides
This makes 1-2 servings of tofu
Keywords: Vegan Crispy Baked Buffalo Tofu