Tempeh is a delicious plant based protein source. It is also one of the few plant based protein sources that a complete protein source. It originates from Indonesia and is different than tofu in that it is fermented and uses the whole soybean. I love tempeh, and this Air Fried Buffalo Tempeh (vegan) is one of my favorite tempeh recipes.
Let's get into the recipe.
This spicy tempeh recipe is
- Easy to make
- High in protein
- Vegan, gluten free and dairy free
- Made in your air fryer
- hot sauce
- garlic powder
- maple syrup
- apple cider vinegar
- soy sauce
What should I eat this buffalo tempeh with?
I love mine with fresh romaine, avocado, and vegan ranch. It would also go great in a nourish bowl or grain bowl. Its even delicious as is.
How do I make buffalo air fryer tempeh?
- Cut your tempeh into triangles.
- Mix together your buffalo sauce.
- Mix tempeh with buffalo sauce.
- Air fry tempeh for 10-12 minutes.
Other yummy tempeh recipes to try:
If you make this Air Fried Buffalo Tempeh (vegan), please leave me a rating and review on this blog post. This is the best way to support me!
Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!Print
Air Fried Buffalo Tempeh (vegan)
This air fried buffalo tempeh is an amazing vegan recipe.
- 1 block tempeh cut into triangles or squares
- ¼ cup hot sauce
- 2 tbsp tahini or cashew butter
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Add all buffalo sauce ingredients to a bowl and mix until smooth.
- Toss tempeh in buffalo sauce.
- Add tempeh to air fryer. Air fry at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes, shaking once halfway through. The tempeh should be slightly browned but not burnt.
- Mix tempeh with desired sides. I ate mine with romaine, scallions, vegan ranch and avocado.