Tempeh is delicious but it needs to be cooked correctly to taste good. These baked tempeh fries with dill tahini sauce are my favorite way to enjoy tempeh.
These tempeh fries are so flavorful thanks to the marinade. A good marinade is key to making tempeh taste good in my opinion. Tempeh is like a sponge and just sucks up all of the flavor. The marinade for this tempeh is simple, you just need a few ingredients like soy sauce, vinegar and maple syrup. The sauce for these fries is also to die for. The miso really brings an umami flavor to the tahini sauce and the dill packs a fresh flavor.
Let's get into the recipe.
This crispy baked fried rice is
- gluten free, dairy free, egg free and plant based
- high in protein
- easy to make
- made with healthier for you ingredients
- made in your oven on one sheet pan
- flavorful and delicious
Ingredients for roasted simple marinated tempeh
- soy sauce
- apple cider vinegar
- maple syrup
- garlic powder
- miso paste
See recipe card for quantities.
Instructions to make roasted marinated tempeh fries with lemon dill tahini sauce
Step 1: Add tempeh to a bowl and coat with marinade. Let sit for 15+ minutes
Step 2: Bake tempeh for 25-35 minutes.
Step 3: Mix together tahini sauce and serve with tempeh.
- Tahini- can be subbed with cashew butter or peanut butter
- Maple syrup- can be subbed with sugar or honey
- Miso paste- can be subbed with soy sauce
- Liquid smoke- can be subbed with paprika
You just need your oven and a sheet pan for this recipe.
Storage instructions for crispy baked tempeh fries
The leftover tempeh can be stored in a sealed container in your fridge for up to 3 days.
Other tempeh recipes
If you make these Baked Tempeh Fries with Miso Dill Tahini Sauce, please leave me a rating and review on this blog post. This is the best way to support me!
Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!Print
Baked Tempeh Fries with Miso Dill Tahini Sauce
These baked tempeh fries with miso dill tahini sauce are a delicious way to enjoy tempeh.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: dinner
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: american
- 1 block tempeh - cut into ½ inch thick "fries"
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp liquid smoke (optional but adds flavor, can sub smoked paprika)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- black pepper to taste
Miso dill tahini sauce
- ¼ cup tahini
- juice from ½ lemon
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon fresh + finely chopped dill
- 1 tablespoon miso paste
- 2-3 tablespoons water (depending on how thick your tahini is and the consistency you would like your sauce to be)
- Add tempeh to a container with soy sauce and the 5 ingredients that follow. Add the lid to the container and lightly shake so the tempeh gets fully coated in the marinade. Let tempeh sit for at least 15 minutes and preferably 30 minutes. You can also let the tempeh sit overnight if you would like to prep it ahead of time.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Add tempeh in an even layer to a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Bake for 25-35 minutes until tempeh is browned and crisped.
- While tempeh is cooking, mix together your tahini sauce ingredients.
- Serve tempeh with sauce and enjoy.
Keywords: tempeh, tempeh fries, dill miso tahini sauce
Leave a Reply