Vegan Tahini Peanut Noodles with Tofu - a delicious vegan meal. This recipe is a peanut sauce made without peanuts or nuts. I have a nut allergy and have always wanted to try peanut sauce. So, I made a tahini version and it came out so good. These noodles are creamy and satisfying and high in protein thanks to the tofu.
Why you'll love this recipe
It is easy to make and ready in less than 30 minutes.
It is vegan, and can be made gluten free.
Thanks to the tofu this recipe is high in protein.
Since this recipe is made with tahini it has no nuts.
- Tahini - Tahini is the base for our sauce.
- Water - Water thins the sauce.
- Ginger - Ginger adds flavor to the sauce.
- Garlic - Garlic adds flavor to the sauce.
- Maple syrup - Maple syrup adds a subtle sweetness.
- Sriracha - Sriracha adds spice.
- Rice vinegar - Rice vinegar adds acidity.
- Lime - Lime adds acidity.
- Tofu - Tofu is our protein sauce.
- Corn starch - Corn starch is key for crisping up the tofu.
- Garlic powder - Garlic powder adds umami flavor.
- Bok choy - Bok choy adds veggies.
- Cilantro - Cilantro adds fresh herby flavor to the sauce.
- Sesame Seeds - Sesame seeds add texture.
- Rice noodles - Rice noodles are the base.
See the recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.
- tahini - Tahini can be subbed with any nut or seed butter
- cilantro - can be subbed with basil or mint.
- sriracha - can be subbed with chili garlic sauce.
Mix together sauce.
Pan fry tofu.
Toss together noodles with sauce and all other ingredients.
Serve and enjoy!
You can store the extra noodles in a sealed container in your fridge for up to 3 days.
Tahini is made from ground up sesame seeds.
No it is a seed. I can not speak for everyone but I have a peanut allergy and I am fine eating sesame.
You can, but your tofu will not get as crispy.
Other vegetarian dinner recipes
If you make these Vegan Tahini Peanut Noodles with Tofu, please leave me a rating and review on this blog post. This is the best way to support me!
Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!
Subscribe to my weekly newsletter to get my latest recipes delivered straight to your inbox.
Vegan Tahini Peanut Noodles with Tofu
- ⅓ cup tahini
- 1-2 tablespoons water adjust to your thickness preference
- 1 teaspoon ginger - grated
- 2-3 cloves garlic - grated adjust to your garlic preference
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons sriracha
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- juice from 1 lime
- 1 block extra firm tofu - cubed
- 1-2 tablespoons oil of choice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot starch or corn starch
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- to taste salt
- to taste black pepper
- 3 heads baby bok choy - finely chopped
- ½ cup cilantro - finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 8 oz package rice noodles
- Add all sauce ingredients to a bowl and mix until just combined.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add tofu, soy sauce, starch, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Toss until tofu is fully coated. Cook for about ~5 minutes each side, until browned.
- Add cooked noodles to a big bowl along with tofu, bok choy and cilantro. Toss with tahini sauce.
- Divide out noodles and top with sesame seeds.