Introducing Zucchini Banana Oatmeal Bars (gluten free and vegan) - your new go to dessert or snack recipe. These chocolate chip bars taste like a gluten free zucchini banana bread, except much easier to make! They are healthy for you and taste amazing. You are going to be obsessed.
I am obsessed with making healthier for you treats. For another healthy recipe try my sweet potato oatmeal cookies.
Why you'll love this recipe
It's full of flavor thanks to the banana, cinnamon and chocolate.
These bars are perfect for a healthy snack, dessert or breakfast.
This recipe is healthy, vegetarian, gluten free and vegan.
Sneaky zucchini adds vegetables to these bars.
Add all batter ingredients to a bowl and mix.
Add batter to a baking dish lined with parchment paper and bake.
Let bars cool, slice and enjoy!
- coconut sugar
- coconut oil
- plant milk
- almond butter
- oat flour
- baking powder
The extra bars can be stored in a sealed container or bag in your fridge for up to 5 days, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
You just need your oven and a baking dish for this recipe. I also love these bowls for storage.
Are these bars healthy?
These bars are made with healthy ingredients like oats, dark chocolate, zucchini and almond butter. They are not as healthy as a salad, but they are much healthier than most desserts!
What is the texture of these bars?
These bars have a soft and gooey texture like a blondie or brownie. They are not crunchy like a granola bar.
- coconut sugar - can be subbed with brown sugar
- almond butter - can be subbed with cashew butter or peanut butter
Other healthy bar recipes to try
If you make these Zucchini Banana Oatmeal Bars (gluten free and vegan) please leave me a rating and review on this blog post. This is the best way to support me!
Tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!
Zucchini Banana Oatmeal Bars (gluten free and vegan)
- 2 flax eggs 2 tablespoons ground flax + 5 tablespoons water
- 1 medium sized very spotty banana - mashed
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup plant milk
- ½ cup almond butter
- 1 ½ cups rolled oats
- 1 ¼ cups oat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch salt
- ¾-1 cup chocolate chips
- Make your flax eggs by mixing flax with water. Let sit for at least 5 minutes until thickened.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add all wet ingredients to a bowl and mix until just combined. Pour in dry ingredients except for chocolate chips. Mix again until just combined. Lastly fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour dough and spread evenly into an 8x8 baking dish lined with parchment paper.
- Bake bars for 20-28 minutes. I baked mine for 28 minutes, a knife should come out mostly clean when finished cooking.
- Let bars cool for 15 minutes, slice and enjoy. Store the leftover bars in a sealed container in your fridge for up to 5 days, or in your freezer for months.